NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

As far as racing in the USA goes NASCAR is king and has been for some time. There are numerous reasons for its decline in popularity but in my opinion the biggest reason is not the fault of Nascar

As far as racing in the USA goes NASCAR is king and has been for some time. There are numerous reasons for its decline in popularity but in my opinion the biggest reason is not the fault of Nascar
It's a common topic for some, there are thousands of reasons they come up with. Most of em just like to argue, got to feed them once in a while.:p:D

I have no idea, most of any intelligence don't know either and really can't do anything about it anyway.
Well here are 3 good reasons:
1. No connection between cars on the track and ones the consumer actually purchases.
2. Up until about a year ago, terrible racing.
3. Too many gimmicks and rules changed in the past 5 years.
I could list probably 7 more, but those are the most important.

Yes, the races to continue on, with lower ratings, fewer fans in the stands, rarely a sell-out, and an aging fanbase. That's really something to cheer about! Woo-who! Before you point it out, I will concede that NASCAR is beating the home shopping style networks in viewership.

^ 7 posts since yesterday morning.

That's a lot of interest in something that no-one is apparently interested in anymore.

I don't have a viewership problem, I pointed out the facts and that I will be watching the number one motorsport event in the U.S. next weekend and enjoying it immensely, hope to catch the highlights of the WoO races on the utube later.

Huh? Then what is it?

I believe the biggest reason is the change in the car culture and I’m guessing you know what I mean by that. Also we have changed the way we watch things like in NFL Redzone and condensed versions of other goings on.

I believe the biggest reason is the change in the car culture and I’m guessing you know what I mean by that. Also we have changed the way we watch things like in NFL Redzone and condensed versions of other goings on.
Car culture is a good one, but identity would be better. NASCAR threw away the way we identify the cars, if younger fans and potential fans could identify a Camaro, Mustang, and Camary from each other without the decals on the cars, then we'd have something.;)

Well here are 3 good reasons:
1. No connection between cars on the track and ones the consumer actually purchases.
2. Up until about a year ago, terrible racing.
3. Too many gimmicks and rules changed in the past 5 years.
I could list probably 7 more, but those are the most important.
1. If that was the case NO racing series would be successful
2. Racing is better then ever unless you have an agenda and an axe to grind
3.Rules change EVERY year in racing no matter what level

Gimmicks change too huh? Racing was good, but won't be next year. If racing is better than ever why change it smart guy?

Car culture is a good one, but identity would be better. NASCAR threw away the way we identify the cars, if younger fans and potential fans could identify a Camaro, Mustang, and Camary from each other without the decals on the cars, then we'd have something.;)

I know there used to be huge manufacturer rivalries and they were great for the sport. I know there still are some of those fans left but not a ton.

Gimmicks change too huh? Racing was good, but won't be next year. If racing is better than ever why change it smart guy?
Same reason I would change my race car when I was faster then everyone else. That just blew your mind didnt it?

You totally contradict your racing is great premise, if it is so great why is NASCAR changing the rules...again?

Ok, I did, I asked you a question which as usual you deflected, which tells me you either don't have answer for it or you just go along with everything Nascar says or does no matter what the consequences.
Never deflected, reading comprehension 101

Lemme see if I can help you a little bit Mopar9- Your question-" If racing is so great then why change it"

My response- "Same reason I change my car when its already faster then everybody else"

Are you following me know son? I say, I say are you picking up what Im puttin down?

Lemme see if I can help you a little bit Mopar9- Your question-" If racing is so great then why change it"

My response- "Same reason I change my car when its already faster then everybody else"

Are you following me know son? I say, I say are you picking up what Im puttin down?
No...makes no sense as far as racing goes. Individual car yes you change to beat the other guy. Why make a change to the package if said package is producing good racing there Apologist?

Anyone else see this?

NASCAR Xfinity Series Hits Season-Low

Last Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race from Dover (Del.) earned a 0.43 rating and 625,000 viewers on NBCSN, down 20% in ratings and 25% in viewership from last year (0.54, 829K). It was the lowest rated and least-watched Xfinity Series race this season.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/10/nhl-ratings-nbcsn-cfb-nascar-xfinity/

Get ya some of that!

Anyone else see this?

NASCAR Xfinity Series Hits Season-Low

Last Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race from Dover (Del.) earned a 0.43 rating and 625,000 viewers on NBCSN, down 20% in ratings and 25% in viewership from last year (0.54, 829K). It was the lowest rated and least-watched Xfinity Series race this season.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/10/nhl-ratings-nbcsn-cfb-nascar-xfinity/

Get ya some of that!
20%, that's pretty bad even by Nascar apologist standards.

Back
Top Bottom