NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

I don't know how many more years NASCAR can stand to lose ratings.

I think the thing for Nascar fans to keep top of mind is IndyCar as other than the 500 not a lot of people watch or attend those races. To the best of my knowledge all of those races are available live and all the cars have sponsors etc. Unless something unforeseen happens this is where Nascar is rapidly heading as it will be a series with 2-3 majors and the rest will attract between 1 million to 2.5 million viewers. These gawdawful losses and lower ratings don't mean the end it just means that eventually there will be less races, smaller car counts, and less money coming in.

Why would an educated person come to a thread that features bad news and read the same thing over and over again? Why not either put me on ignore so you don't have to see anything I write or just bypass the bad news? You are in 100% control!!!

While TV ratings matter the biggest thing to a companies marketing department is a sports fan demographic.Nascar does very well with female fans,while golf and NHL with households making $100,000 plus.It seems all major sports are having issues connecting with millennials.

I don't know how many more years NASCAR can stand to lose ratings.
Plenty, meaning it will shrink until it finds it's place in the entertainment world. First you must define Nascar Racing. It changes over time, it went from driver/owners trying to make a living to Corporations trying to appease the public while they reap huge compensation. They went to far and so they will leave and try something else. In the meantime Nascar will survive when it
goes back to what fans want and can afford to pay for.

Why would an educated person come to a thread that features bad news and read the same thing over and over again? Why not either put me on ignore so you don't have to see anything I write or just bypass the bad news? You are in 100% control!!!

I read every post on the threads I follow. I do not "ignore" anyone for any reason. That's the equivalent of dodging someone. You don't bother me or anyone else. You're not near as clever as you think. You seem to enjoy stirring the pot. So, keep stirring. You can only make a fool of one person.

OK! Back to business.

Last year the first Martinsville race earned a 2.3 final rating and 4.0 million viewers on FS1 which was down a respectable 8% in ratings and 6% in viewership from 2016. So what do you think lies ahead for this Sunday's race? IDK what competition it is facing but I don't see this race falling off a cliff like the others so far this year.

Why would an educated person come to a thread and write the same negative commentary over and over again ... with two different usernames ... while pretending he isn't the first guy?

Your dishonesty is quite disappointing to be honest with you. I thought you were better than that.

The reality for this board in its current state is that SkoaltomicPunkit44's persistence of pushing the same repetitive negative agenda into every thread (a discussion about the differences of 2018's races isn't a discussion about the races, it's "Will it bring the ratings back up?") has rendered it impossible to discuss the actual subject of this thread in any rational manner. Instead it is an incredibly toxic pissing contest between warring factions.

On one hand, participants in a thread titled "2018 NASCAR Season - Television Ratings Thread" should be able to abide some honest discussion of the ratings, trends, and related TV coverage subjects. On the other, the source of why that can't happen is rather obvious. The gaslighting games played about the name change revealed a motivation to troll the forum more than contribute to it. It's a shame, seriously. I enjoyed posting alongside SkoalBandit33 last year.

I don't think honesty or dishonesty comes into play with Nascar's ratings as they are published for all to see and each person can determine what, if anything, they think they mean. Nascar's ratings and Nascar in general are inherently negative as it is not quite to the point of the undertaker following the doctor around but there is not a whole lot of positive and happy things going on in Nascar right now.

Some people feel the racing is a good as it has ever been and that has been discussed. A lot of us like the long green flag runs and seeing races play out naturally instead of the manipulation that used to plague Nascar races. We like some of the newer drivers and many of us are eagerly looking forward to the next race at Martinsville as I think there is a very good possibility this could be the best race of the year. If not at least top 3 so watching it will be essential. I am interested in seeing how young Master Byron does as I believe he will end up being the best of the youngsters and will win before guys like Elliott, Jones, or Suarez and I think he will win before Blaney does again. All supposition on my part based on a gut feeling and what my feeble eyes think they see.

There are some positive things to discuss in Nascar and there are a crap load of negatives and with ratings being black and white they are negative before the first word is said about them. There is a really good thread about how Nascar helps teams find sponsors but when you read the accompanying article it is full of negativity and what Nascar is trying to do to combat the negativism that follows Nascar around like a bad smell. If the fans and Nascar want more positive talk and less negative they need to get to work and bring forth a good product with good leadership that young and old people like.

Personally, it would be cool if the Martinsville ratings this weekend were flat or up, or at least better relative to the first five weeks. This combined with an eventful race would push the narrative that NASCAR should look to add more short track racing and variety when the schedule can be realigned in 2021. I think the racing in 2018 has been quite good, but I can see why fatigue settles in for the casual audience

I think it would be really good if the ratings can be contained to the losses of the last couple of years but if they remain flat or do a little better it would be outstanding. I don't think that short tracks are the be all and end all (they are for me personally) for the majority it is just that they offer a marked difference in the 30 others races we see. IMO we are in the best period Nascar has to offer and that is from now until Memorial day because things can get very stale very quickly for a serious Nascar fan let alone a casual one. My opinion is that if this race can stay at or above 3.8 million viewers it will be a win.

I think Martinsville will do pretty good so long as the race is run on Sunday, well duh...lol. The NCAA Tournament Elite 8 games traditionally don't do well. Most people's brackets are busted after the second round or Sweet 16 so the casual fan waits until the Final 4 to re-invest. Golf is a match play event this weekend (their own version of March Madness) so they'll only be 4 players (final pairing and 3rd place match, no chance of Tiger) on the course Sunday afternoon. While Austin CC is a great track, this event really only appeals to the die-hard golf fan.

Don't forget REAL baseball starts next week!

I just hope the race tomorrow is enjoyable for everyone including those that are not crazy about short tracks. I sure would like to see more on the schedule so I hope lots of people watch tomorrow and the race gets a good rating.

I just hope the race tomorrow is enjoyable for everyone including those that are not crazy about short tracks. I sure would like to see more on the schedule so I hope lots of people watch tomorrow and the race gets a good rating.
It won't and it will give you something else to be falsely "concerned" about

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-3-26-2018.html

uZ4R8Df.png

Did anyone find the TV ratings for Martinsville? I can't find them.

Haven't seen them yet. I'm guessing they aren't going to be much to look at anyway with it being a Monday mid-day race. Probably will tank more than the usual amount.

I am more interested to see how Texas vs. The Masters a week from Sunday. Tiger's back in the hunt. Bound to be a ratings king for that weekend of sports.

Haven't seen them yet. I'm guessing they aren't going to be much to look at anyway with it being a Monday mid-day race. Probably will tank more than the usual amount.

I am more interested to see how Texas vs. The Masters a week from Sunday. Tiger's back in the hunt. Bound to be a ratings king for that weekend of sports.

If Tiger is leading or close to the lead on Sunday I will absolutely be watching The Masters on TV while streaming the race. If I had to choose between the 2 I would watch Tiger unless Jeff Gordon was somehow leading the race.

They are referenced in the post directly above yours. 1.2 million viewers, no reliable comparison can be made due to the time and day it aired.

IMO getting 1.2 mil on a Monday morning / afternoon is far more impressive than when they get twice that on Sunday afternoon. The overall audience is clearly contracting, but the core base is strong.

Yep, nearly 1.2 million for the Cup race. The Truck race had 367,000 viewers. Which really isn't that bad for the truck race, considering that's more than both the New Hampshire & Bristol truck races had for viewers last year, and neither of those were postponed.

They are referenced in the post directly above yours. 1.2 million viewers, no reliable comparison can be made due to the time and day it aired.

IMO getting 1.2 mil on a Monday morning / afternoon is far more impressive than when they get twice that on Sunday afternoon. The overall audience is clearly contracting, but the core base is strong.

Maybe you are making an assumption about what I can see? Tweets are hyperlinks on my browser due to the way I have it set-up. I don't generally click on them. Thus, until you brought it up I never thought to click on a byperlink to a tweet.

Thanks for sharing it was 1.2 million.:eek:

Texas was one of the few races that didn't lose a significant amount of viewers in 2017 versus 2016. I believe last year's race had 4.7 million viewers so maybe they can repeat a good showing. If things do carry on as they have this year then the race could potentially lose about 700,000 lookers in from home.

Attachments

• th (1).jpg
    th (1).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 160
Texas was one of the few races that didn't lose a significant amount of viewers in 2017 versus 2016. I believe last year's race had 4.7 million viewers so maybe they can repeat a good showing. If things do carry on as they have this year then the race could potentially lose about 700,000 lookers in from home.
He is renowned for his optimism. You can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it.
Prime example.

I can't help but think that The Masters will crush NASCAR in the ratings this weekend should Tiger be in the hunt come Sunday. If Tiger could only drive a Cup car, we'd be all set. One thing he does drive though is the television ratings. I'll be interested to see how this all plays out.

Lots of good stuff from this week as the race may have been off 30% but still had almost 3 million viewers, was the most watched motorsports program of the weekend and throw in a sold out TMS and William Byron's top 10.......well as I say.....good stuff.

Smack-dab between Sunday Night Baseball and the Real Housewives of Potomac and even a couple spots above Naked and Afraid. A loss to stick and ball and a win against two shows I wasn't aware existed.

The Masters is relentless crushing anything and everything in its path leaving everyone else Green with envy, (pun intended). Even a D500 race with a resurrected Dale Earnhardt wouldn't have taken that down.

The Masters is relentless crushing anything and everything in its path leaving everyone else Green with envy, (pun intended). Even a D500 race with a resurrected Dale Earnhardt wouldn't have taken that down.
Yeah, what are you gonna do if you have a sports network but don't have broadcast rights to the Masters? ESPN aired a lot of high school cheerleading stuff last weekend... it must have been an off weekend for the Cornhole League.:idunno:

FS1 got their highest rating since November with the cup race, and on Saturday Fox did OK with Xfinity on the main network. But I'm expecting deathbed spin from the usual places.

Back
Top Bottom