2018 Richmond -- Federated Auto Parts 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
THE RACE: Federated Auto Parts Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Richmond Raceway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #28 of 36

Date: Saturday, September 22nd, 2018, Richmond Va.

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 7:45 pm/et
=======================================

All Times E/T

Friday, September 21
8:30 AM, NXS Richmond practice, NBC Sports App
10:00 AM, NXS Richmond final practice, NBC Sports App
11:30 AM, MENCS Richmond practice, NBCSN
1:30 PM, MENCS Richmond final practice, NBCSN
4:30 PM, NXS Richmond qualifying, NBCSN
6:00 PM, MENCS Richmond qualifying, NBCSN
7:00 PM, NXS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
7:30 PM, NXS Richmond race, NBCSN

Saturday, September 22
7:00 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
7:30 PM, MENCS Richmond Race, NBCSN

The first two Xfinity practices are going to be on the NBC Sports App only.

Friday is going to be a busy day for those teams. Especially Xfinity.

Brian France wrote a letter from rehab to Kez telling him that wrecking the 4, 18 and 78 at Richmond would be good strategy.

Alon Day will be in the 23 car

Dale Jr will be in the Xfinity race
Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
Chastain is in the Ganassi No. 42 for the Xfinity race at Richmond this weekend. Then it is Justin Marks at Charlotte road course then John Hunter Nemechek next five races. #nascar

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
Richmond Raceway reports no significant damage from the storms today. Also, I have heard no reports of any significant impact of rain in Charlotte area on shops based in this area. #nascar

RIR under the lights is as good as it gets for me. Still going to be in the upper 80s during the day so not quite the early Fall weather you can sometimes get there this time of year.

But you have to figure the teams consider the roval to be a wildcard like Talladega, so those with ground to make up might get desperate Saturday night.

Excited as hell that Jr is running Xfinity this weekend. Saying that....if you’ve watched those recent interviews he just did there’s really no good reason for him to be in a car and I’m kinda nervous for him, would hate to see him get hurt again

Certainly is great to see Richmond in the Chase, fans in the area should be pretty excited for this one, but then again people will complain about anything NASCAR anymore, so I expect a decline in attendance and ratings.

Definitely a Monster Energy ****tail race instead of beers while watching. Richmond is definitely not the shortest race we run

Fed_AutoParts_400_C_RR.png

Richmond Raceway
Saturday, September 22 | 7:30 PM ET

upload_2018-9-18_14-11-0.png

I thought this race has been pretty tame recently but the move to the playoffs should turn out to be pretty helpful, IMO.

Excited as hell that Jr is running Xfinity this weekend. Saying that....if you’ve watched those recent interviews he just did there’s really no good reason for him to be in a car and I’m kinda nervous for him, would hate to see him get hurt again

Yeah, from his comments it’s clear that this is a contractual obligation he is fulfilling. He’s not doing this because he’s itching to get in the car again.

Anyone get approved this weekend for hot/cold passes yet? My buddy works for Stewart Haus and he hasn’t heard anything yet.

Yeah, from his comments it’s clear that this is a contractual obligation he is fulfilling. He’s not doing this because he’s itching to get in the car again.
I think he's going to run just well enough to not race with the backmarkers and risk getting hurt again. as We get closer to Friday, the more nervous I am getting for him. This is get that sponsorship money, survive and get the hell out of the car type deal.

I think he's going to run just well enough to not race with the backmarkers and risk getting hurt again. as We get closer to Friday, the more nervous I am getting for him. This is get that sponsorship money, survive and get the hell out of the car type deal.
He says he's out to have fun and to fulfill the contract he's had since last year.
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/24710458

He's too competitive, I think he'll race hard, depending what kind of ride he has.

Back
Top Bottom