2018 RR Fantasy NASCAR Season - The Clash

24over48

Hello everyone! We are back for a brand new year of NASCAR racing! I know a lot of you are itching to get those cars back on track as well as get this fantasy league back on track. Before we go into the Clash this weekend and into the rules for 2018 on Monday, I want to clarify some things in terms of the finale of 2017. Obviously, 2017 did not end the way we wanted it to, There were a lot of internet issues among other things that got in the way of me producing any accurate results at the end of the year. Due to regular and repeated internet failure, several predictions from over a dozen competitors were unable to be obtained. To name winners or a champion at this time simply would not be fair as too many factors were in play to indisputably name a champion. I also understand that by not naming winners or a champion is not fair to those of you who put so much effort into competing for the 2017 season. It's a tough situation to be in, one that I very much despise, but I don't feel right about declaring a champion without full results. I want to do all that I can for you, the faithful players and followers of the fantasy league, to ensure that it can stay for the long haul.

Luckily this year, I have spent the offseason preparing ways to ensure we avoid certain issues. With brand new modern internet as well as online accessible Fantasy results, I will be able to provide uninterrupted, reliable fantasy coverage. When this new internet became available, I immediately emailed several people and tried to find the predictions from the end of last year and as I said before, I was unable to find fair and complete results.

By having the Fantasy results available to be viewed online, it also allows for more transparency and the ability for you all to view your results and statistics in one place. I am still currently building and testing how this is going to work, but I intend to have it available following the Daytona 500 weekend. In addition to all this, Nascarman has agreed to post for me should any emergency arrive so that if another absence comes, so that the league does not suffer as well. And since there will be online access to all the stat info, you all can see where things stand as we go along so if an emergency does arise, and results aren't posted on the blog, you can find them online. If there are any other ways in which you feel we can improve this year, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. All input is much appreciated.

Now for what we came for, this Sunday is the Clash! If your name is listed below, you are eligible to play in the Clash!

ADP04
Nascarman
Beef
@Michfan
Drew823
@The Long Shot
@Bob
@nascarnana
@24over48
BiffFan
Jolly Mean Giant
Diesel101
PackFan4Life
Hitman Racin
VikesFan4Life
@Fordracing7
Kevin20fan

And here is the entry list for the Clash:

#1 Jamie McMurray
#2 Brad Keselowski
#3 Austin Dillon
#4 Kevin Harvick
#9 Chase Elliott
#11 Denny Hamlin
#12 Ryan Blaney
#17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
#18 Kyle Busch
#20 Erik Jones
#22 Joey Logano
#31 Ryan Newman
#41 Kurt Busch
#42 Kyle Larson
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#78 Martin Truex Jr.
#95 Kasey Kahne

This will operate just like any other race, just post your Top-10 prediction before the green flag of the race. No points, just glory! Have fun and I will post results for the Clash Sunday night and then we will go into the detailed rules of the game and the start of the season on Monday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---NOTE---

To get things rolling, I will also post in the comments the list of those who have registered for 2018. Due to the same issues as described earlier, the list may be incomplete. So please confirm ALL information for me. New and returning players not found in the list are also able to register at this time. I need a username, number, color scheme, and manufacturer (Chevy, Ford, Toyota) and I would also like for you to declare which series you will be competing in (Cup, Xfinity, and/or Trucks). Thank you!

For the benefit of those who may be new and interested in playing, would you care to summarize the rules and how this league works?

I dont recall seeing final results for 2017?
I explain in the post that due to repeated internet failure (daily) and other reasons, I was unable to get everyone's predictions that were made for the events. About a dozen or so were lost and it's a double edged sword because I cannot fairly declare a champion with incomplete information and it's not fair to any of you to not have completed results for a seasons worth of effort.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For the benefit of those who may be new and interested in playing, would you care to summarize the rules and how this league works?
There will be a very detailed post on Monday going over all the rules, but for each race, you post a Top-10 prediction. For every driver you correctly get in the top-10, you get 2 points. For every driver correctly in the top-5, you get another 2 points, making it 4 points for a correct Top-5 driver. Predicting the winner gets you another 10 points, making it 14 since the driver was also correctly in the Top-5. For every driver correctly predicted in the exact spot they finish, you get 1 bonus point. So predicting the winner is 15 points. A perfect prediction (Top-10 in order) is worth 50 points. If your prediction is ranked in the top-10 in the league at the end of the stage, you earn stage points just like the drivers do. We are different in that we also give stage points to the top-10 finishing predictions at the end of the race as well. The playoffs work under the same criteria as in NASCAR. But our eligibility is slightly different, 3 absences result in a loss of playoff eligibility.

Again, a more detailed outline of all the rules will be posted on Monday. But I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

This is the list of people that have confirmed their registration...

#19 VikesFan4Life - Chevrolet
#24 @24over48 - Chevrolet
#26 Railfan4451 - Toyota
#34 BiffFan - Ford

Here are people that have registered but have not confirmed that the information is correct...

#01 NLLP - Chevrolet
#2 Minnowfur - Ford
#7 @DanicaFreak - Ford
#7 @Fordracing7 - Ford - would get number priority if confirmed
#11 PackFan4Life - Toyota
#15 @Simple Fan - Toyota
#29 Mik Maqracer83 - Ford
#37 JSPorts - Chevrolet
#58 @donthaveanickname - Chevrolet
#60 Nascarnana - Ford
#70 Hitman Racin - Chevrolet
#76 Jolly Mean Giant - Ford
#81 Nascarman - Chevrolet
#88 8831fan - Chevrolet - would get number priority if confirmed
#88 @Blaze88 - Chevrolet
#89 Dodge - Ford
#94 @Bob - Chevrolet
#99 @Michfan - Ford

Go ahead and confirm same info for me as well

BUT...
go with #7 go daddy colours or +10 go daddy colours.

Updated list:

#04 ADP04 - Chevrolet
#3 Beef - Chevrolet
#7 @DanicaFreak - Ford
#8 JSPorts - Chevrolet
#9 @Blaze88 - Chevrolet
#11 PackFan4Life - Toyota (formerly MJM)
#15 @Simple Fan - Toyota
#17 9Phenomenal5 - Ford (formerly Diesel101)
#26 Railfan4451 - Toyota
#28 @Fordracing7 - Ford
#34 BiffFan - Ford
#60 @nascarnana - Ford
#89 NH Racing - Chevrolet (formerly Dodge)

Updated list:

#04 ADP04 - Chevrolet
#1 @The Long Shot - Chevrolet
#3 Beef - Chevrolet
#7 @DanicaFreak - Ford
#8 JSPorts - Chevrolet
#9 @Blaze88 - Chevrolet
#15 @Simple Fan - Toyota
#26 Railfan4451 - Toyota
#28 @Fordracing7 - Ford
#34 BiffFan - Ford
#60 @nascarnana - Ford
#69 LandonFandonTBA - Ford
#88 8831fan - Chevrolet
#98 Chevyfan98 - Chevrolet

The Clash

1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr
2. Ryan Blaney
3. Chase Elliott
4. Brad Keselowski
5. Kyle Busch
6. Kyle Larson
7. Jamie Mcmurray
8. Kurt Busch
9. Jimmie Johnson
10. Kasey Kahne

The Clash

1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr
2. Ryan Blaney
3. Chase Elliott
4. Brad Keselowski
5. Kyle Busch
6. Kyle Larson
7. Jamie Mcmurray
8. Kurt Busch
9. Jimmie Johnson
10. Kasey Kahne
Good to have you back, @Michfan. Same information as last year?

The clash

1. Blaney
2. stenhouse
3. jimmie johnson
4. Keselowski
5. Ky Busch
6. Larson
7. Mcmurray
8. Ku Busch
9. elliot
10 Kahne

The clash

1. Keselowski
2. Hamlin
3. Kyle busch
4. Larson
5. Logano
6. Mcmurray
7. Elliott
8. Kahne
9. Stenhouse
10. Kurt busch

The Clash
1. 42 Larson
2. 78 Truex
3. 18 Kyle Busch
4. 17 Stenhouse
5. 12 Blaney
6 41 Kurt Busch
7. 4 Harvick
8. 11 Hamlin
9 3 Dillon
10 9 Kahne

Congratulations to Beef for winning the Clash! Also, tomorrow I will post all of the rules for the coming year! Of course we are looking for full season participation, but I'd much rather have part time participation than none at all! So please spread the word and get people on board for Daytona!!

1. #3 Beef - 30
2. #81 Nascarman - 30
3. #28 @Fordracing7 - 27
4. #11 PackFan4Life - 23
5. #17 9Phenomenal5 - 23
6. #34 BiffFan - 19
7. #19 VikesFan4Life - 18
8. #1 @The Long Shot - 18
9. #60 @nascarnana - 16
10. #76 Jolly Mean Giant - 16
11. #04 ADP04 - 16
12. #7 @DanicaFreak - 14
13. #99 @Michfan - 14
14. #24 @24over48 - 13

For reference, here's our current registered player list for 2018:

Updated list:

#01 NLLP - Chevrolet
#04 ADP04 - Chevrolet
#1 The Long Shot - Chevrolet
#3 Beef - Chevrolet
#7 DanicaFreak - Ford
#8 JSPorts - Chevrolet
#9 Blaze88 - Chevrolet
#15 Simple Fan - Toyota
#19 VikesFan4Life – Chevrolet
#21 AkronRob - Toyota
#24 24over48 - Chevrolet
#26 Railfan4451 - Toyota
#28 Fordracing7 - Ford
#34 BiffFan - Ford
#60 Nascarnana – Ford
#64 JillNY - Chevrolet
#69 LandonFandonTBA – Ford
#71 Conover - Chevrolet
#88 8831fan - Chevrolet
#98 Chevyfan98 – Chevrolet
#99 Michfan - Ford

Back
Top Bottom