• Eagles

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I figured I'd start this thread off with a question. I was just curious who you're rooting for and not who you think will win.

NBC - Kickoff - 6:30 Sunday.

Been a Pats fan for 20 years. Nerves have slowly kicked in all week. Bouncing for it now lol. Think it'll be a good game. Gonna be tough. Patriot Super Bowls are never easy.

Obviously my Eagles, feeling confident there's just something about this team. Eagles 31-21

FB_IMG_1517594319763.jpg

Tom Brady is probably the greatest athlete of all times. Definitely in the stick and ball sports (imo).

Quarterback, yes. Athlete, no. He's not even the best athlete in the NFL, that is Russell Wilson IMO.
I am not talking about strength or speed,. I talking about putting it all together for the best performance

Tom Brady is probably the greatest athlete of all times. Definitely in the stick and ball sports (imo).

No knock on Brady or his success as it speaks for itself. IMO there are some other players like Michael Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Wilt in BB plus a bunch of baseball players I am to young to have seen play. In hockey you've got guys like Gretzky who may be the GOAT of everything, plus, Howe, Orr, Lemieux, Messier, Brodeur, Jagr, Sawchuk and Hall. In football there is Joe Montana who takes a backseat to no QB in my opinion plus Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Mean Joe Green, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and QB's like Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, John Elway, Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Quarterback, yes. Athlete, no. He's not even the best athlete in the NFL, that is Russell Wilson IMO.

I see Brady as being very, very good but if the game was on the line I would be just as comfortable with Montana, Elway, Manning, Favre, Rodgers, Steve Young, Staubach or Bart Starr with everything else being equal.

I am not talking about strength or speed,. I talking about putting it all together for the best performance

Russell Wilson is a one-man offense in Seattle.

I see Brady as being very, very good but if the game was on the line I would be just as comfortable with Montana, Elway, Manning, Favre, Rodgers, Steve Young, Staubach or Bart Starr with everything else being equal.

Of the current crop of quarterbacks, if the game is on the line and it's the final minutes, I would want Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and, after the playoffs this past year, maybe Blake Bortles.

Russell Wilson is a one-man offense in Seattle.

Of the current crop of quarterbacks, if the game is on the line and it's the final minutes, I would want Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and, after the playoffs this past year, maybe Blake Bortles.

Maybe Carson Wentz if he stays healthy next year too.

There is a Super Bowl this weekend?, who knew , hmm

There is a Super Bowl this weekend?, who knew , hmm
I'm leaning slightly towards watching it this year even though I'm not a football fan. The last game I watched was the Super Bowl from a few years ago when the Seahawks humiliannihilianated the Broncos. That was awesome.

It would really be something if the Eagles could somehow pull it off without Carson Wentz.

Put my money on the Eagles. I said after Wentz blew his ACL that Fowles was more than capable of leading the Eagles to the SB.Should be a good game, and if not, I can guarantee the BBQ and friends at my pad will be delicious and entertaining.:D

I'm leaning slightly towards watching it this year even though I'm not a football fan. The last game I watched was the Super Bowl from a few years ago when the Seahawks humiliannihilianated the Broncos. That was awesome.

It would really be something if the Eagles could somehow pull it off without Carson Wentz.
While I am not a FB fan either, I am hoping for the Eagles to win as well.

I was at a Monday night game when Howard Cosell said the pats fans were the worst in the league.
It was cold, drizzling and just plain miserable. When that came over the PA thousands dropped trou and mooned the press box. LMFAO
My brother was at another game with the Cowboys and some assh0le threw a snowball that knocked off Landry's hat..
Add in the sofa spud fans who couldn't pick up a football if it had handles screaming how they're #1..puleeze

You mean because Wentz got him most of the way there?

The whole team got them most of the way there.

Things reset once the playoffs start and Foles led them to a win against Atlanta and a decisive win against Minnesota.

Everyone said the Eagles were finished without Carson Wentz.

The whole team got them most of the way there.

Things reset once the playoffs start and Foles led them to a win against Atlanta and a decisive win against Minnesota.

Everyone said the Eagles were finished without Carson Wentz.
Reset? How’d they get to the playoffs?
Everyone?

The defense doesn’t make the majority of touchdowns.

Defense wins championships.

If the Eagles are in the Super Bowl because of Carson Wentz, then the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints would have more than one Super Bowl this century and the Detroit Lions would have made it to the Super Bowl numerous times.

Defense wins championships.

If the Eagles are in the Super Bowl because of Carson Wentz, then the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints would have more than one Super Bowl this century and the Detroit Lions would have made it to the Super Bowl numerous times.
No.

I think Nick Foles leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl proves Carson Wentz wasn't as great as he'd been made out to be.
Of all your bad takes over the years this is the worst.

Of all your bad takes over the years this is the worst.

How so?

Carson Wentz was a lock for MVP because the conventional wisdom was that he was the only reason the Eagles were doing so well. Carson Wentz was still a lock for MVP after his injury because "The Eagles are done without Wentz" and "They won't win another game" and "This is the end of their season."

And then Nick Foles, who is average at best, leads them to the Super Bowl.

Carson Wentz is damn good but all the talk was about how the Eagles were great because of him. They're in the Super Bowl without him. That is the very definition of overrated.

Carson Wentz is a great quarterback with an elite team. Not an elite quarterback with a mediocre team.

How so?

Carson Wentz was a lock for MVP because the conventional wisdom was that he was the only reason the Eagles were doing so well. Carson Wentz was still a lock for MVP after his injury because "The Eagles are done without Wentz" and "They won't win another game" and "This is the end of their season."

Carson Wentz is damn good but all the talk was about how the Eagles were great because of him. They're in the Super Bowl without him. That is the very definition of overrated.

Carson Wentz is a great quarterback with an elite team. Not an elite quarterback with a mediocre team.
A lock for MVP? I don't think so, no one knows how he would of done the games he missed. I'll give him maybe rookie of the year tho.

How so?

With Wentz the Eagles have been unquestioned favorites in each round of the playoffs. Having Foles gave us the underdog image they have been riding.

If defense wins championships as @AndyMarquisLive claims, how’d the Pats make it this far?

Doesn't New England also have a pretty elite defense?

How did Jacksonville win the AFC South and make it to the AFC Championship?

Funny, the guy who thinks Tom Brady isn't the greatest quarterback ever now thinks quarterbacks alone win championships.

A lock for MVP? I don't think so, no one knows how he would of done the games he missed. I'll give him maybe rookie of the year tho.
Not a rookie

Doesn't New England also have a pretty elite defense?

How did Jacksonville win the AFC South and make it to the AFC Championship?

Funny, the guy who thinks Tom Brady isn't the greatest quarterback ever now thinks quarterbacks alone win championships.
The best defense in the NFL this past year isn’t in the Super Bowl.

The best defense in the NFL this past year isn’t in the Super Bowl.

The best defense in the NFL led a mediocre offense to the AFC Championship Game. The best defense in the NFL took one of the worst franchises in the history of professional sports to the AFC Championship Game.

So according to Bobby:

New England's in the Super Bowl because the whole team is good and Brady isn't that great and they actually have great receivers and a great defense.

Philadelphia's in the Super Bowl because Carson Wentz is the GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom