THE RACE: AAA Texas 500 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Texas Motor Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #34 of 36

Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2018, Fort Worth Texas

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:15 pm/et

=======================================
All Times E/T

All three series are racing these last three races of the season.

There are several Truck and Xfinity practices that will be Sports APP Streamed only.

Friday, November 2

2:00 PM, MENCS Texas practice, NBCSN
7:00 PM, MENCS Texas qualifying, NBCSN
8:30 PM, NCWTS Texas race, FS1

Saturday, November 3
12:30 PM, MENCS Texas practice, CNBC
1:30 PM, NXS Texas qualifying, CNBC
3:30 PM, MENCS Texas final practice, NBCSN
4:30 PM, NXS Texas race, NBCSN
6:30 PM, NXS Post Race, NBCSN

Sunday, November 4
2:30 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
3:00 PM, MENCS Texas race, NBCSN
7:00 PM, MENCS Post Race, NBCSN

Anyone familiar with the track? Assuming there isn't a chance of rain, I plan on making the 5 hour drive to the track early Sunday then driving back afterwards to avoid hotel expenses. My question, can you see the entire track from any of the lower rows or is that only possible in the upper deck? I am trying to spend as little as possible and if I can see the entire track from the lower section, I will look at those tickets as they are usually cheaper. The last time I went to the Kansas Speedway, I realized that it was possible to see the backstretch from the top 8 or so rows of the lower section. Just curious if that is the case with Texas as well.

Way to go @Johali you beat you know who's lecture on Ft. Worth

Anyone familiar with the track? Assuming there isn't a chance of rain, I plan on making the 5 hour drive to the track early Sunday then driving back afterwards to avoid hotel expenses. My question, can you see the entire track from any of the lower rows or is that only possible in the upper deck? I am trying to spend as little as possible and if I can see the entire track from the lower section, I will look at those tickets as they are usually cheaper. The last time I went to the Kansas Speedway, I realized that it was possible to see the backstretch from the top 8 or so rows of the lower section. Just curious if that is the case with Texas as well.

same thing at Texas. Backstretch is pretty high. I think it is better than Kansas for sight lines

Holy Toledo, aunty ---- where on earth did you dig that up?
What a crazy thing to sing about. ROTFL
I have a bunch of Joe Ely, among many others, on vinyl.

Still play them at parties on a 40 year old Bang and Olufsen Beogram turntable.

bang_olufsen_beogram_4000_mmc4000-1.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party, but here's my twice-a-year reminder that Fort Worth is a metropolitan anchor with a skyline:

Skyline 19-5.jpg

The time of day and lighting is poor, but I'll share it anyway. This is a screenshot from a video I recorded recently (with text added).

It shows Fort Worth's 5 tallest buildings, and several mid-rises.

Texas is a cool track, I’m not going to knock a 1.5 miler but can you imagine the hype if the schedule had another Short Track this week???

An update on this weekends APP schedule.

FRIDAY, NOV. 2
3:05-3:50 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, NBC Sports App
5:35-6:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBC Sports App

SATURDAY, NOV. 3
3-3:50 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBC Sports App (NBCSN joins in progress at 3:30 p.m. ET)

Dallas is also a metropolitan anchor with a skyline.

View attachment 36665

Easy to see how one might get them confused . . . . . :D

You're correct. :) We have two metropolitan anchors in close proximity. That's why our metro area is called the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. :)

On the other hand, hardly anyone refers to the New York area as the "New York-Newark" area. The latter is considered a satellite.

You should be able to see most of the track from about row 20 and up.

That said, even if part of your view is blocked... watching a race in person is still more exciting than watching it on television.

I guess I missed out on this skyline/Dallas/Fort Worth debate/discussion. But I have lived within 3 miles of I35 for all of my 54 years so if a definitive word/ruling needs to be made I'm your guy.

Also I've had season tickets at TMS since it opened.

PeopleAreStrange is correct. 20+ and you can see at least some of the backstretch plus you have Big Hoss.

I'm Four Time...looks like another top 3 finish in our RFFL fantasy league for me but still no championship

I guess I missed out on this skyline/Dallas/Fort Worth debate/discussion. But I have lived within 3 miles of I35 for all of my 54 years so if a definitive word/ruling needs to be made I'm your guy.

Also I've had season tickets at TMS since it opened.

PeopleAreStrange is correct. 20+ and you can see at least some of the backstretch plus you have Big Hoss.

I'm Four Time...looks like another top 3 finish in our RFFL fantasy league for me but still no championship
You never miss that discussion it's been in every Texas pre race thread for at least 3 years.

I'm sure Fast N Loud will have a episode about the race, they had Kurt Busch on there last year at Texas match racing another car on the road course.

Goodyear makes tire change for Texas playoff race
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...s-tire-change-for-texas-playoff-race/3205951/

This is the first time teams in either series run this left-side tire code, though they have run right-side code at Michigan earlier this year.

Compared to what was run at Texas in April, the left-side tire features a construction update to bring it into line with what is run at other speedways, while the right-side tire features a compound change to introduce more wear and be more heat resistant

Back
Top Bottom