2019 – Pocono 400-- Pre-Race Thread

I like this Qualifying 3-way format.

Mike Joy has to read those cue cards faster, but every announcer seems on their toes to make their points while track action is at a non-sleepy pace.

Hemric has been running at the finish every race but Daytona. Preece has two top tens but 3 DNF's kinda killed that.

I think they're both getting shafted by their team owners. Austin Dillon and Chris Buscher both have cars that are just a step above what their teammates have week after week after week. Like...it's not even close.

I could see it with Hemric. You got the 3, 13, 43 to take care of along with an inexperienced rookie driver.

Preece is getting the support from JTG, he just isn't as good as Buescher.

Byron continues to bring the heat. 2 1/2 tenths faster than second

upload_2019-6-1_11-25-54.png

https://www.nascar.com/results/race...car-cup-series/pocono-400/stn/livequalifying/

I like this Qualifying 3-way format.

Mike Joy has to read those cue cards faster, but every announcer seems on their toes to make their points while track action is at a non-sleepy pace.

That was great. And well organized.

I liked the in-car views showing the wheel and their hands out the windshield. Good mix of everything. Good job NASCAR.

Forecast for Sunday continues to deteriorate. Looks like a 50/50 chance the race is postponed until Monday. If the race is held Monday pack an extra layer. High temps figure to be in the low to mid 50's. I've already forewarned my boss that there's a good chance I won't be working on Monday...

Latest I saw was heavy downpours Sunday, flash flooding and high winds... going into the 50's Monday. Again, two trips over there. Seems like the same song every year now. Next year the Saturday race might go Monday and the Sunday race might go Tuesday. PA right now is again under a deluge for most of the state.

I've been there for dozens of cup races but it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. Fog, rain, rain and fog, fog and/or rain, there comes a time.

Kinda sucks that Pocono has ****** weather but that's what you expect in that area.

It's why I'm taking Monday off as a raindate for New Hampshire, if for some god forsaken reason that it's moved to Tuesday then I guess I'll use the ticket for Texas or something...

Does Pocono have a weather guarantee that can be used at other Pocono Cup races or IndyCar?

Kinda sucks that Pocono has ****** weather but that's what you expect in that area.

It's why I'm taking Monday off as a raindate for New Hampshire, if for some god forsaken reason that it's moved to Tuesday then I guess I'll use the ticket for Texas or something...

Does Pocono have a weather guarantee that can be used at other Pocono Cup races or IndyCar?

They do have a weather guarantee, established about two years ago. Here's what I don't understand...

When do storms hit (generally) in the Mid Atlantic? OK, Pocono keep moving the start time back. I remember when it was noon or 1. Tomorrow it's 2. Green at probably 2:38 or something. Start the damn thing at 12:30 and you can get at least half a race in before the stuff hits the fan on a given day. There were years recently it started at 3. I don't understand it.

They do have a weather guarantee, established about two years ago. Here's what I don't understand...

When do storms hit (generally) in the Mid Atlantic? OK, Pocono keep moving the start time back. I remember when it was noon or 1. Tomorrow it's 2. Green at probably 2:38 or something. Start the damn thing at 12:30 and you can get at least half a race in before the stuff hits the fan on a given day. There were years recently it started at 3. I don't understand it.
TV.

Reactions: Bob
Are viewers going to hang around to watch the titans dry the 2.5 miler or would they rather watch racing? The place already has a bad rep for good racing.

They'd rather watch racing but
Are viewers going to hang around to watch the titans dry the 2.5 miler or would they rather watch racing? The place already has a bad rep for good racing.
RACING fans would rather see racing. We're outnumbered by viewers of other sports who would rather see their games at 1:00.

I live about 45 minutes away and will be in a holding pattern until noon. Not going to drive to the track if there's no chance they're going run today. At this point I rather they just cancel it and run it tomorrow....

They'd rather watch racing but

RACING fans would rather see racing. We're outnumbered by viewers of other sports who would rather see their games at 1:00.

I don't mind not starting at 1 PM because of football, but they should have standarized start times... I don't think NASCAR or NBC/FOX do themselves any favors having little to no consistency...

Regular Season
1 PM ET - East Coast/Central races
3 PM ET/12 PM PT - West Coast/Mountain Time races
7:30 PM ET - Night Races

NFL/NASCAR Playoffs
2 PM ET - East Coast/Central races
3 PM ET/12 PM PT - West Coast/Mountain Time races
7:30 PM ET - Night Races

Big line of storms and rain is going to hit the track within the next 90-120 minutes. Then instability behind ahead of the cold front..
ugh..

And next year theyre banking on 4 races in a weekend? In late June?!

Hey 5 races in one weekend is getting me to go..

Make sure you take of through Tuesday! The track and xfinity races just don't interest me all that much. Especially at the expense of compromised cup distances. Not sure what I'm going to do next year. That's why I want to savor today/tomorrow and July.

Make sure you take of through Tuesday! The track and xfinity races just don't interest me all that much. Especially at the expense of compromised cup distances. Not sure what I'm going to do next year. That's why I want to savor today/tomorrow and July.

Have they said anything about shortening the races? I haven't seen it.

I'll definitely be pissed if they're 200 or 250 miles. 300 I can deal with it.

They need a waterproof flammable compound to put down on the track. Then once the rain stops, you throw the match and

***POOF***

you're ready to race! :D

They need a waterproof flammable compound to put down on the track. Then once the rain stops, you throw the match and

***POOF***

you're ready to race! :D
No way that could go wrong with all the gas fumes:D

Back
Top Bottom