2019 All Star Circuit Of Champions

Discussion in 'Short Track Racing' started by StandOnIt, Dec 6, 2018.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Good one, this one went down to the wire

gnomesayin likes this.
  3. MRM

MRM Team Owner

We tried to get them to come to Tennessee, but said they don't come this far south. They have a good product.

AuzGrams likes this.
  4. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

Well they do currently go farther (Florida), though February Speedweeks is a unique different deal. They have ran at Screven GA in the fairly recent past I believe and they have their inaugural race at Virginia Motor Speedway very soon. I guess they find that the sprints generally don't draw very well in the south? Its super late model country i guess! Lucas and the WoO Late models race there plenty, but even the WoO sprints don't really race at all in the south except during speedweeks, at Charlotte and at a track in Arkansas. (Though they do have their inagural Nashville race coming up soon)
    Too bad....
    Which track were you guys hoping they would race at in TN?

5. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Smoke will be in the field too.

StandOnIt likes this.
  6. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I'd love to see the All Star Circuit come out west to a decent track for a weekend or something.

Yeah the south seems more like an asphalt late model / dirt late model type setting for most fans. I think there is the United Sprint Car Series though.

7. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

It’s wonderful to be in NW Ohio sometimes :)

8. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Smoky Mountain Speedway

9. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

I don't think they run for points in Florida.

Good, I plan on being 12 miles from Attica this weekend and can go to the race. Bad, there is a 100% chance of rain Friday and Saturday.

gnomesayin likes this.
  10. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

I went there once, cool place, would be neat to see 410s there.

11. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

You are right. All along they didn't run for points there, though a year or 2 ago they did do points there i think, but it looks like in 2019 they went back to non-points. I assumed they had continued running for points there. I think its good that its back to non-points... Thats a long trip for some of the lower budget ohio teams.

gnomesayin likes this.
  12. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

Attica has been rained out to Friday of next week . ASCOC is also running at Wayne County next week

DIDIT likes this.