2019 Atlanta-- Pre-Race Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
THE RACE: FOLDS OF HONOR QUICK TRIP 500 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Atlanta Motor Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #2 of 36

Date: Sunday, February 24th Atlanta Georgia.

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:15 pm/et

=======================================
All Times E/T

All three series are racing this weekend.

No TV for all three series First Practice

Friday, Feb. 22
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports GO
4 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports GO
5 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports GO

Saturday, Feb. 23

9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports GO
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports GO
Noon, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports GO
1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Xfinity Series at Atlanta, FS1/FOX Sports GO
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Rinnai 250 at Atlanta, FS1/FOX Sports GO
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Atlanta 200, FS1/FOX Sports GO
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Post-Race Show, FS1/FOX Sports GO

On MRN:

4 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Atlanta 200

Sunday, Feb. 24

12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Atlanta, FS1/FOX Sports GO
1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Atlanta, FOX/FOX Sports GO
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta, FOX/FOX Sports GO

Last edited:
I thought ESPN dumped NASCAR long ago? They don't like hockey and NASCAR, so I I don't like them.
They kept the Jayski site and some Nascar stuff on their website up until after Homestead. Jayski came out with the TV listings about 6 days ahead of Nascar. They're the ones I used all of last year. Nascar keeps their focus on the upcoming race so as not to overshadow it.

Really looking forward to this one! If it was 3-4 weeks later I would have went down! As it is, focused on Martinsville...

What iteration of the aero package are they using for this race? They have a few different ones this year.

I love this track, always a good race. So much history at this track too, so many legends either clinched their championship at this place or got awarded their championship trophy’s. Wish it still had 2 races.

18 years ago today, we lost Dale Earnhardt. We still miss you bud
earnhardt8.jpg

I already miss Jayski because they had the entry list ASAP. Can’t find this week’s anywhere
I missed Jayski when they weren't affiliated with ESPN... I stopped using that site a while ago because all their links were broken.

..and now with 10 lap averages right in the practice charts on nascar.com I wouldn't have had a use for Jayski even if it wasn't broken

This has always been my favorite track and I'm equally hesitant & excited to see what this new package produces. Really hoping for very long green flag runs with tons of comers & goers like the old days, but I fear we will see a wreck fest with minimal passing.

This is not a good track for any indication of what this package will be. With the crazy tire wear they will not be able to keep it wide-open, except maybe on the restarts. I expect to see similar racing that we've seen from past Atlanta races. It's too much of a driver's track with that worn-out surface.

Charlotte, Kansas, Las Vegas, Texas- all the fast and smooth 1.5 milers will be where this drafting package really comes into play as they'll be on throttle a LOT more.

550 HP, no aero ducts.

Didn't really process this until this week....No ducts at Atlanta, Pocono, Sonoma, Watkins Glen, and Homestead. Tracks under a mile don't have them if I understand this correctly. Wonder what the thinking is on those tracks....

Didn't really process this until this week....No ducts at Atlanta, Pocono, Sonoma, Watkins Glen, and Homestead. Tracks under a mile don't have them if I understand this correctly. Wonder what the thinking is on those tracks....
@StandOnIt posted this somewhere but the idea is to use the ducting to cool the brakes at those tracks where they expect more brake usage, and then for aero purposes elsewhere. I think Darlington is included in the group of tracks they won't be used for aero as well.

A lot of RAIN here in Georgia -- that track should be pretty clean by the weekend.

I predict a lot of pit stops, Atlanta is a multi groove race track, cars will have more grip, so I'm guessing more passing.

were can watch practice,besides the track
There will be no TV broadcast for first practice (anyone care to explain why?). Final practice will be broadcast on FS1 at noon (Eastern time). If you don't have satellite or cable TV service, you can watch/DVR it on online apps such as Sling.

Off-topic, but I recently cancelled my DirecTV subscription and subscribed to Sling. I'm saving about $40/month and have all the channels I primarily watched with DirecTV, plus can still watch (and DVR) everything NASCAR-related. All you need is an internet connection and a mobile device such as phone, laptop, or tablet...you can also stream to a smart TV if you have one.

Yes please.

Bubba is sponsored by McDonald's this week? That's odd.

Even more odd, how is Mc_Driver not sponsored by McDonald's? Seems like a match made in heaven. Great, now I'm thinking about egg mcmuffins and hashbrowns...

Back
Top Bottom