2019 Belgian Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
EDNbuvpW4AUj9yW.jpg

This place...
spa.jpg

Mercedes playing possum again? They're not really almost a second off.

There has been a terrible crash in the F2 race.
No updates on the condition of Anthoine Hubert and Juan Manuel Correa so far and that is never a good sign, it looks like some prayers are needed.

There has been a terrible crash in the F2 race.
No updates on the condition of Anthoine Hubert and Juan Manuel Correa so far and that is never a good sign, it looks like some prayers are needed.

Correa was moving if you look closely, I'm scared for Hubert though. I hope he's okay, I'll continue to check social media through the day. Really, really freightning to watch. We cannot forget how dangerous this is no matter the safety implements.

Damn that's rough. The F1 guys didn't even mentioned the crash.

Ferrari are ridiculously fast. Only way they lose this is if they choke and that would be something to watch as they are almost a second .800 tenths faster than the second fastest team.

Ferrari are ridiculously fast. Only way they lose this is if they choke and that would be something to watch as they are almost a second .800 tenths faster than the second fastest team.

The fast Ferrari's almost make me want to watch. That crash was horrible, I can't see anyone surviving that

I'd be wary of their long-run pace, seems like they wear tires quicker than either Red Bull or Mercedes. Their engine advantage helps a lot at a place like Spa over a short period of time but considering how abrasive the surface is and how much this place loads tires I wouldn't place any bets on it.

Leclerc would make for the best story, so I'm pulling hard for him.

Pretty sobering when seemingly everything on the car does what it's supposed to and something of that magnitude can still happen. A worst-case scenario of wrong place, wrong time.
Yep. I couldn't believe the headline when I saw it this morning. That's so sad.

I thought Lewis Hamilton summed it up pretty well:
"This is devastating. God rest your soul Anthoine. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family today."

In a follow-up post, he said: "If a single one of you watching and enjoying this sport think for a second what we do is safe your hugely mistaken. All these drivers put their life on the line when they hit the track and people need to appreciate that in a serious way because it is not appreciated enough. Not from the fans nor some of the people actually working in the sport.

"Anthoine is a Hero as far as I'm concerned, for taking the risk he did to chase his dreams. I'm so sad that this has happened. Let's lift him up and remember him. Rest in peace brother."
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/...-crash-spa-francorchamps-circuit?platform=amp

Wow Ferrari fixing to win this race by a minute at least.

3 of the 44 laps wasted on caution laps.

Whenever the radio thingy comes up with Hamilton's name on I immediately assume he's just about to whine.

Wow Ferrari fixing to win this race by a minute at least.

Or maybe not.

I would've thought Leclerc be cleared by at least 5-7 seconds but he's barely 2 seconds ahead of third place.

The strategy pit graphic they show is so innacurate I dont know why they hype it up and use it so much.

Ferrari are still favoring Vettel it seems. Why are they freezing Leclerc when Lewis is actually gaining on him? Vettel might be leading before long.

Good luck getting Vettel to give up first place..

Vettel is already calling it.

I agree IMO, Ferrari's low-downforce setup eats these tires up badly.

I think Lewis can get them both.

They need to give Hamilton full power and if it blows up, it blows up.

Hamilton just made a mistake. He lost about 2 seconds to Leclerc.

No offense to Gasly, but I think Albon making a move like that proves why Red Bull moved him to the primary team.

I don't think Gasly would have pulled that off IMO.

Back
Top Bottom