2019 British Grand Prix

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Nothing fancy here, but there should be a thread in place for morning. Bottas on the pole, we'll see how long that lasts. FWIW Leclerc and Verstappen don't appear that far off Mercedes' pace.

Starting grid
Driver Grid Qual time
OR16mUDJv-0yTyh-jxlaKQ_48x48.png

V. Bottas
Mercedes·#77
1 1:25.093
6HRpt1RF_AbDUftxgVUoEw_48x48.png

L. Hamilton
Mercedes·#44
2 1:25.099
CpHtpHDYt6p7c2iQiM324g_48x48.png

C. Leclerc
Ferrari·#16
3 1:25.172
8GEqzfLegwFFpe6X2BODTg_48x48.png

M. Verstappen
Red Bull·#33
4 1:25.276
z3JEQB3coEAGLCJBEUzQ2A_48x48.png

P. Gasly
Red Bull·#10
5 1:25.590
h1FhPLmDg9AHXzhygqvVPg_48x48.png

S. Vettel
Ferrari·#5
6 1:25.787
jSgw5z0EPOLzdUi-Aomq7Q_48x48.png

D. Ricciardo
Renault·#3
7 1:26.182
6HRpt1RF_AbDUftxgVUoEw_48x48.png

L. Norris
McLaren·#4
8 1:26.224
aEBU_ri8U6F06oTqWmKY5g_48x48.png

A. Albon
Toro Rosso·#23
9 1:26.345
h1FhPLmDg9AHXzhygqvVPg_48x48.png

N. Hülkenberg
Renault·#27
10 1:26.386

Vettel is one of the best of this generation along with Lewis and Alonso, but that was pretty bad...I think it might be time to retire

Leclerc has become my favorite. He didn't cry about what Verstappen did in Austria, he just answered by racing him the same way, the best kind of Fu Q poetic justice

Yes, Vettel screwed up and ruined Verstappen's day. I know I am not right but I throughly enjoyed seeing it happen. I hope it stays in Verstappen's head and he goes through another spell of trying to over drive the car and series of unforced errors. It couldn't happen to a better guy.

Vettel needs the summer break more than anyone else IMO. I think Red Bull is the second best car at this time. Also, of Gasly continues his form like he did today. Red Bull's chassis and increased engine power makes them the best threat to Mercedes. Yet, both are still far away from Merc.

Vettel's form has gotten worse since Germany last year. Its insane, its like he has moments of brilliance, but its just mistakes are building for him. Austria wasn't his fault, Ferrari ****** that strategy. I think he's worn out already of Ferrari and just has not had that same fire in about a year. I think he goes to Germany and gets back on track, but I would not be surprised to see him leave Ferrari at this point. It just seems like he's just lacking a bit, but the point of retirement? Nah, its just a nasty slump with competition improving.

The two best grands prix of the year in succession is very encouraging. I agree with @Kiante, Red Bull and Honda have put together the second-best car in the field for the time being. It has to be a very encouraging weekend for Gasly too.

I'd be lying if I said I weren't worried about Vettel. He wasn't impeccable in wheel-to-wheel racing at Red Bull, far from it, but his form has only gotten worse at Ferrari. I don't know if frustration is mounting or what, but I think it would probably be better for both parties if he and Ferrari split soon. Leclerc deserves to treated as a #1 driver as well and we know how many times Ferrari have ****ed up his race worrying about Seb too much. If he actually went back to Red Bull I could see that being a solid partnership again.

Barnburner of a race. God bless the youth.

Back
Top Bottom