Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #29 of 36 - Playoff Race 3 of 10

Date: Sunday September 29th, 2019, Concord NC

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:45 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup Sun, Xfinity Sat, Trucks are off this weekend

TV SCHEDULE

Friday, Sept. 27
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (airing on tape delay)
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
4:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Saturday, Sept. 28
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (joined in progress)
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Drive for the Cure 250, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Race, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Sunday, Sept. 29
1:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green, NBC/NBC Sports App
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bank of America Roval 400, NBC/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Post Race, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Victory Lap, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Why are you not going to the race if you got tickets? We went last year and it was awesome. Can't go this year.

If you had hot passes we'd find a way but anything short of that, meh... actually not really "meh" kind of race it's just that we cant make it happen this year.

Might be one of the most exciting non crown jewel races there is. Up there with Bristol Night and Miami.

Or it might simply make some typically dull mile and half tracks more interesting. The Roval isn't so unique and special as the trucks at El Dora.

Or it might simply make some typically dull mile and half tracks more interesting. The Roval isn't so unique and special as the trucks at El Dora.

The Roval at Kansas would be stupid as hell. IMS road course would also be dumb. The only track that could kinda be cool is the Pocono layouts.

Why? Are you saying it will be or has to be the exact same layout as the Roval in Charlotte?

Why? Are you saying it will be or has to be the exact same layout as the Roval in Charlotte?

Just look at the Kansas Road Course man.

There's better true road courses, better unique ovals, and even a couple suitable dirt facilities they should be at over more infield oval road courses if you ask me.

Yeah Kansas doesn't look like much of a road course. Didn't know what it looked like until I googled it. It would only cost somebody a few tens of millions to design it or any other mile and a half road course into something better. I wonder how does Nascar get to a true road course on the schedule other than the ones we already run? How do you take a race away from somewhere else to do that?

The Roval at Kansas would be stupid as hell. IMS road course would also be dumb. The only track that could kinda be cool is the Pocono layouts.
I agree Kansas wouldn't be ideal, and I'd love to see one of the many Pocono layouts tried. But I'd like to see IMS tried too (if it must remain on the schedule).

This is a cool concept because the Roval is visible the entire time which is awesome as opposed to most road courses. Also the tightness of Charlotte’s oval track makes it work, similar to Daytona which lends to harder racing throughout the track

I love this race.

Why is it a roval in Charlotte, but a road course in Daytona? Asking for a friend.

Well Daytona's road course dates back to the track's opening in the 50s when Monza still had it's high-banked turn (and perhaps other tracks too still had this feature, I won't give a definite yes/no but Monza's is the most famous). Both tracks were oval/road course combinations, as well as Brooklands in England (gone since WWII though) so don't think Charlotte's idea is so rare.

To be blunt I'd say we call it a Roval because of marketing...but do tell him about the other "rovals" that have existed before.

The Roval name has been copyrighted. The Smiths who came up with the unique idea to do it in the first place, spent tons to make it so, and have continued to improve the track since the first race. Pretty sharp the Smith bunch, The younger Smith, Markus was the idea man and the instigator and he pushed it thru all of the red tape resistance. Listening to fans and their complaints about the sameness of the tracks it fills a need and has proven to be a hell of a track. Looking forward to this weekend to see how the new bus stop works out. It looks similar to Watkins Glenn's. The Daytona road course, the 24 hour race there that starts the racing season has been said by many to be more grueling than the 24 hours of LeMans.

I'm sad that I can no longer claim to be excited for every race every week.

But I am excited for this race. Let's go!

Why is it a roval in Charlotte, but a road course in Daytona? Asking for a friend.

I'm beating a deadhorse, but the Daytona 200 & 24 Hours are huge historic races which doesn't stigmatize it as a "roval" by a lot of the true road course racers/fans.

Well Daytona's road course dates back to the track's opening in the 50s when Monza still had it's high-banked turn (and perhaps other tracks too still had this feature, I won't give a definite yes/no but Monza's is the most famous). Both tracks were oval/road course combinations, as well as Brooklands in England (gone since WWII though) so don't think Charlotte's idea is so rare.

To be blunt I'd say we call it a Roval because of marketing...but do tell him about the other "rovals" that have existed before.

It's not some new idea, but it was scoffed/laughed (IMO) at when ALMS went to Texas / Charlotte / Vegas & when Rolex went to Iowa & Kansas. Blancpain GT World Challenge America is going back to the LVMS Roval here soon.

I personally don't want to see any more Rovals aside from maybe shaking up the Clash and alternating it between the road course and superspeedway every other year.

I'm beating a deadhorse, but the Daytona 200 & 24 Hours are huge historic races which doesn't stigmatize it as a "roval" by a lot of the true road course racers/fans.

I was gonna say course history, basically. The Roval feels like a brand new man-made reservoir, Daytona infield road course feels like Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.

Back
Top Bottom