Contributor
THE RACE:Coca-Cola 600 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK: Charlotte Motor Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #13 of 36

Date: Sunday May 26th, 2019, Charlotte NC

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 6:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup and Xfinity are racing this weekend.

TV SCHEDULE

Thursday, May 23

3:00 PM, MENCS Charlotte practice, FS1
4:00 PM, NXS Charlotte practice, FS1
6:00 PM, NXS Charlotte final practice, FS1
7:00 PM, MENCS Charlotte qualifying, FS1

Friday, May 24
No on track activities today.

Saturday, May 25
8:30 AM, MENCS Charlotte practice, FS1
9:30 AM, NXS Charlotte qualifying, FS1
11:00 AM, MENCS Charlotte final practice, FS1
12:30 PM, NASCAR RaceDay: NXS, FS1
1:00 PM, NXS Charlotte race, FS1

Sunday, May 26
5:30 PM, NASCAR RaceDay, FOX
6:00 PM, MENCS Coca-Cola 600 Charlotte race, FOX

Last edited:
The Thursday, Saturday, Sunday schedule is odd. Don't want to interfere with Carb Day?

The weather for the race is looking good so far. I just received this email.

upload_2019-5-21_14-27-12.png

Also, if you’re thinking of going, CALL THE TRACK TICKET OFFICE instead of using Ticketmaster. Way fewer fees (like $20+ a ticket difference) and they will find you even better deals. Plus they will help you pick a seat if you’re unfamiliar.

Also, if you’re thinking of going, CALL THE TRACK TICKET OFFICE instead of using Ticketmaster. Way fewer fees (like $20+ a ticket difference) and they will find you even better deals. Plus they will help you pick a seat if you’re unfamiliar.
Yep, I always call the ticket office and make sure that it's the track office not a corporate office. On occasion the Corporate office of any track owner (ISC, SMI etc) will answer and they aren't as knowledgeable or offer the extra amenities like the track itself.

Looking forward to the ARCA race on Thursday Night. Saves time to watch WoO or something.

Kind of regretting not going up for this one. Trying to plan 5 or 6 nights in Daytona for the July race and by the looks of it, it would be WAY more expensive than round trip flights and a hotel in Charlotte. Good ol' price gouging down here :rolleyes:

Sonoma/Bay Area hotels are price gouged badly. Luckily I work in hospitality and can get hotel discounts. Might be able to hook somebody up with cheap Hilton brand if they're REALLY interested

Sonoma/Bay Area hotels are price gouged badly. Luckily I work in hospitality and can get hotel discounts. Might be able to hook somebody up with cheap Hilton brand if they're REALLY interested
We'll be there this year but we're staying at the NAPA Valley Exposition RV Park. I reserved the site last September 6th. When you'r taking a month long vacation from Florida to Oregon and back you gotta plan ahead. :D

We'll be there this year but we're staying at the NAPA Valley Exposition RV Park. I reserved the site last September 6th. When you'r taking a month long vacation from Florida to Oregon and back you gotta plan ahead. :D

I'm staying all the way out in Folsom and renting a car. Probably gonna drive to Daly City/SF on Friday Night and Saturday if it's easy to get out of the track which it should be on those days (not Sunday)

I'm staying all the way out in Folsom and renting a car. Probably gonna drive to Daly City/SF on Friday Night and Saturday if it's easy to get out of the track which it should be on those days (not Sunday)
It's a large full hookup pull through site next to a bath house. It's 20 minutes from the track. $160 for 4 nights. Planning well ahead pays off.

It's a large full hookup pull through site next to a bath house. It's 20 minutes from the track. $160 for 4 nights. Planning well ahead pays off.

Go north leaving the track on race day. The main road entering and leaving is one of or THE worst track in NASCAR for traffic. Terrible terrible terrible.

Go north leaving the track on race day. The main road entering and leaving is one of or THE worst track in NASCAR for traffic. Terrible terrible terrible.
Thanks for the heads up. We usually tailgate for a couple of hours after the race to let things settle down. At least we have at all of the others, this is our first trip to Sonoma.

A valuable skill I'm seeing demonstrated less often in this 'on demand' era.

People aren't able to plan ahead because I read a few weeks that credit card debt is just astronomical compared to 20 years ago.

That said I tried booking my flights well in advance to Sacramento and Manchester, NH.

Thanks for the heads up. We usually tailgate for a couple of hours after the race to let things settle down. At least we have at all of the others, this is our first trip to Sonoma.

If you chill out after the race for a couple of hours, you will be good. I agree that the road in and out is rough, but like all sporting events, it's only bad if you are in a hurry, and if you are in a hurry to leave a major sporting event, you are screwed anyway. Victory Lane is easily accessible next to the main grandstand, so hang out and watch the confetti land on one of MY Toyotas, & chill out under the grandstands if it is hot. Take your time, and really it's not all that bad being stuck in that place for a bit. It's beautiful there. I started going three years ago. It was going to be a one time thing. Three races later, and I am probably a lifer. That track treats people right. Have a great time! Let me know if you have any questions....

I have not found that to be a problem. I stay in Petaluma, and the only price adjustment that I am aware of is the usual seasonal stuff. I think that many of the properties closer to wine country are pricey anyway, but I have found that the more NASCAR-centric hotels are very fair.

BIG race this weekend. Longest race means extra stage means more points.

Oh, and I will even try the IndyCar and Formula One on this biggest of weekends.

The pre-race for the 600 is my favorite pre-race of alll the races. Amazing Grace on the bagpipes gets me every year.

At the end of 1st practice, 6 of the top 8 are Chevys. Harv came out several times before he actually completed a lap. Hemric owned the session.

Back
Top Bottom