2019 Charlotte – Coca-Cola 600 -- Pre-Race Thread

Top 20 for the 600

upload_2019-5-23_18-49-43.png

https://www.nascar.com/results/race_center/2019/monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/coca-cola-600

Reminds me of another yougster who broke out in Charlotte driving the 24

Byron continues to improve. 24 is fast. Aric continues to be snake bitten in qualifying. Should have like 4 poles this year lol.

Also, if you’re thinking of going, CALL THE TRACK TICKET OFFICE instead of using Ticketmaster. Way fewer fees (like $20+ a ticket difference) and they will find you even better deals. Plus they will help you pick a seat if you’re unfamiliar.

I called the ticket office this morning and the cheapest thing they could get me on the frontstretch was $90 so I'll just stop by one of the many roadside brokers instead and see how good of a deal they can give me. I'm hoping that I shouldn't have any trouble finding just 1 ticket at a good price.

I think there is extra downforce in the 18. A top three qualifying effort makes me smile. He could be very, very good.

Last edited:
I called the ticket office this morning and the cheapest thing they could get me on the frontstretch was $90 so I'll just stop by one of the many roadside brokers instead and see how good of a deal they can give me. I'm hoping that I shouldn't have any trouble finding just 1 ticket at a good price.
I had the same issue at Atlanta, $90 plus on the front stretch. Not sure they understand the supply and demand concept. $49 would be more reasonable.

Byron continues to improve. 24 is fast. Aric continues to be snake bitten in qualifying. Should have like 4 poles this year lol.
Tbf, both Willy B and Aric have come 2nd in a lot of qualis lately!

I think the 18 has the speed to give the field the level of beatdown he did last season. Hopefully Gibbs has his shock collar hooked up so he doesn’t blow it speeding on pit road again lol

yeah, Ol Kyle looked pretty good until he pancaked the wall with 7 to go. Car's fault though. :rolleyes:

I think it was these are the worst bleep bleep cars bleep..or something similar to that. I couldn't hear all of it I was too busy laughing.

HMS bunch not looking too sporty after today's practices
I was hopeful after Kansas that they had hit on something with the 1.5ers. Saw clear weather and bought tickets for the 600. Now I fear I’ve blown a bunch of money to watch a JGR parade. Oh well...

I think the younger drivers will do pretty good, and Hendrick has three. Looks like the Gibbs cars are set up for the long runs, so no cautions will favor them on the track and if a lot of cautions fly their pit work will do it's deal. They are going to be tough. The Penske's have been strong on 1.5's with this package. Harvick had the winning car last week along with KDB. Harvick has been saving his car all weekend. I think it will be a pretty good race.

Back
Top Bottom