2019 Chinese Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
D3pmUwZX4AASUQD.jpg

D3oSB8rWwAAnb-8.jpg

Anyone else still up?

Has the look of an orderly parade up front now after that start, but hopefully there is a surprise in store.

I'm trying not to keel over, in the event of a timely caution or a Hamilton's car blowing up.

Ferrari needed to move Vettel in front earlier for him to have a chance at running down Bottas.

Having said that, I do like that Leclerc fights these things and isn't there to be a wingman.

Pretty obvious that Ferrari have given Leclerc the old Kimi role - please don't threaten Seb, and if you're close we'll pit you off-sequence with some ridiculous strategy that sets you back 10-15 seconds. They need to come to terms with the idea of Seb not being good anymore.

Pretty obvious that Ferrari have given Leclerc the old Kimi role - please don't threaten Seb, and if you're close we'll pit you off-sequence with some ridiculous strategy that sets you back 10-15 seconds. They need to come to terms with the idea of Seb not being good anymore.
Earlier this week, Vettel said he doesn't know if he wants to continue racing after the 2020 season.
Could be Schumacher's turn then.

So if all goes perfectly for Leclerc and he can pass the hardest driving competitor on the circuit without getting wrecked, he can threaten to get back where he was before the wacky strategy was employed.

A cunning maneuver.

It was one thing to switch places early on when Leclerc was losing ground to Bottas and it appeared Vettel was faster. But they've made a mockery of his race for no benefit.

Ferrari take a podium car - AT WORST, 4th - and make it finish 5th with more incompetent strategy and/or blatant favoritism. These jokers wonder why they haven't won a title of any sort in ages.

This literally is NASCAR. Mercedes is like Gibbs/Penske in that they have so much more speed thru the corners they can’t be touched. Really am curious to how much more downforce those silver arrows are loading into corners than the rest

A day like this shows how far away F1 is from truly being competitive towards the front of the field again. One team (Ferrari) is just an utter mess whether they show up with a good car or not and two of the other top six cars (Gasly and Bottas) are fairly useless.

"On the option strategy, shall we say..."

The booth can't even pretend this wasn't sheer idiocy.

One or two seconds won't matter. He won't get within eight.

OK, I was wrong he got within four seconds back. Well done Ferrari. :rolleyes:

With the racing this lackluster, they should give 5 points for the fastest lap, 4 for the second fastest, 3 for the third fastest, and so on. Create some real chaos.

Kvyat should not have been penalized, it was a racing incident and these dunderheads think he caused the accident. Sainz got into him, for the love of Christ they did not even show Sainz's onboard because the Stewart's would have had to reverse it.

That's some bull****.

How does anyone enjoy this racing? This racing sucks!!!!!!
A friend of mine is a relatively new race fan and he only likes F1. It think part of it is that F1 represents the pinnacle of auto racing, the technology is attraction. I used to like watching qualifying but ESPN doesn't seem to have regular broadcast times for F1. I agree that the racing sucks, from my point of view the race is pretty much over after the first turn.

I never thought in a million years another driver would get to 91 F1 wins, Lewis has 75. He may break that record next year

A friend of mine is a relatively new race fan and he only likes F1. It think part of it is that F1 represents the pinnacle of auto racing, the technology is attraction. I used to like watching qualifying but ESPN doesn't seem to have regular broadcast times for F1. I agree that the racing sucks, from my point of view the race is pretty much over after the first turn.

F1 it's best understood within the prism of a lot of F1 fans don't care much about the racing part of the product, it's not the reason they watch.

Anyway, I think the 2019 championship is done and dusted. Ferrari and Verstappen have taken a step back, and the 2nd Red Bull car has taken 3 steps back. If you want title drama, cheer for Bottas.

Kvyat should not have been penalized, it was a racing incident and these dunderheads think he caused the accident. Sainz got into him, for the love of Christ they did not even show Sainz's onboard because the Stewart's would have had to reverse it.

That's some bull****.

That call was baffling to me. I have no idea what Kvyat did wrong beyond racing incident.

That call was baffling to me. I have no idea what Kvyat did wrong beyond racing incident.

What made it so bad is that he was trying to prevent the accident. Sainz and Norris was off track at the time, Danill did nothing wrong. It was just a crappy situation at the time.

Back
Top Bottom