Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #25 of 36

Date: Sunday September 1st, 2019, Darlington SC

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 6:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup Sun. night, Xfinity Sat. Trucks are off this weekend

TV SCHEDULE

Friday, August 30
1 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series opening practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series opening practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)
4 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)

Saturday, August 31
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN App)
3:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: NASCAR Xfinity Series, NBC/NBC Sports App
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Sports Clips Haircuts VFW 200 at Darlington Raceway, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)

Sunday, September 1
5:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN1, 4)
10:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11 p.m., NASCAR Victory Lap, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Last edited:
My absolute favorite race on the calendar...like Barney Hall said in one of the NASCAR Thunder games...”The Great Southern Tradition...The Southern 500.” One is the most tradition packed races and tracks on the circuit. Still wish they had that overhang that covered the grandstand though

My absolute favorite race on the calendar...like Barney Hall said in one of the NASCAR Thunder games...”The Great Southern Tradition...The Southern 500.” One is the most tradition packed races and tracks on the circuit. Still wish they had that overhang that covered the grandstand though
It had to go when they put in the lights. It would have shaded the track pretty badly coming out of 2. It wouldn't have been any help on a Sept. late afternoon anyway. The sunlight is coming low along the length of the grandstands by then.

Indy still has some, but the shade isn't worth putting up with the racing. :p

I hope Larson or Dibenedetto can finally breakthrough to get a win next week.
Larson damn near did, last year. I think it was a pit miscue that wiped out what had been a dominant performance beforehand.

DiBenedetto is a bit of an unknown quality at Darlington. I don't know his record there well enough to speak on it, but he's had an uptick in performance meaning a sneaky top-ten isn't out of the question.

Larson damn near did, last year. I think it was a pit miscue that wiped out what had been a dominant performance beforehand.

DiBenedetto is a bit of an unknown quality at Darlington. I don't know his record there well enough to speak on it, but he's had an uptick in performance meaning a sneaky top-ten isn't out of the question.
As a Larson fan, I've got used to it. Great performance wiped away by pit road miscues or equipment failures. Also cool with Truex winning, since Larson and him have become my favorites since Stewart retired.

As a Larson fan, I've got used to it. Great performance wiped away by pit road miscues or equipment failures. Also cool with Truex winning, since Larson and him have become my favorites since Stewart retired.
Truex and Larson are your favorites? Interesting combo. Truex used to have a tremendous hex hanging over him, and finally broke it. Now Larson is the guy that's got everybody wondering - "We know he's going to win some more, but when?"

It will be really interesting to see what happens with them running the castrated engines at Darlington. This could be a really bad race. Darlington is already hard to pass at.
I would love to see them get the horsepower back, but this track probably has the best chance to neutralize those limitations.
The track surface eats the tires and it will still demand compromises even at 550 hp, at least after a few laps. It is still possible for one team to nail a set up and dominate l hope it doesn't happen, but new tires and closing speeds will still be huge.

Note: Not as sure about qualifications they may be able to run flat out or close to it on new tires. Aside from pit stall selections l think qualifying speeds will be the worst indicator of who is really good for a particular race.

If there are a lot of long green runs the lady will still be able to work, and there will be some great racing. A bunch of late race cautions will be a **** show.

Along those same lines, test day at Homestead. Just a little scratch

cf6851q3dgh31.jpg

Along those same lines, test day at Homestead. Just a little scratch

cf6851q3dgh31.jpg
That's the first time that I've noticed sensors on the back of a test spoiler. I guess that they would have them taped to the drivers butt if they thought that it would help. Oh wait, maybe they do.

Looks to me like they are measuring the pressure and movement of the spoiler. It would really be convenient if the teams could get that spoiler to bend back or be stiff depending on the track.

I think between now and Southern 500 raceday I am going to watch the Winston Million winning 1997 Southern 500, one of my top 5 favorite nascar races ever.

To me this race is still a crown jewel/major race to win. Love everything about it, since I just knocked Bristol off the bucket list....this race is next on my list.
If you like double cheeseburgers then you definitely have to eat at the speedway grill next to the track...you can't miss it it has a racecar sitting on the roof.:)

You kiddin Snappy? lol! We were practically deaf after sitting under there!

Back
Top Bottom