Contributor
THE RACE: Gander RV 400 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK: Dover International Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #11 of 36

Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019, Dover Delaware

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup, Xfinity and Trucks are racing this weekend.

Friday, May 3
3:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series: JEGS 200, FS1/FOX Sports App

Saturday, May 4
9 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
12 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity, FS1/FOX Sports App
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Allied Steel Buildings 200, FS1/FOX Sports App

Sunday, May 5
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1/FOX Sports App
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Gander RV 400, FS1/FOX Sports App

Last edited:
If the new package races equally well or better than the old one I will attend the fall race. But if it makes it more of an aero parade like it did Martinsville, Richmond and ISM I won't. Gonna wait and see.

I like the dover races. Its a unique track and i look forward to seeing kyle busch in the winners circle :)

nascar needs more short tracks in general

It's always weird having the Truck race on a late Friday afternoon with no lights. I've never understood why Dover doesn't do a Saturday doubleheader like Atlanta.

I remember when they used to tape delay the stupid race back in the peak Truck years... which made no sense.

It's always weird having the Truck race on a late Friday afternoon with no lights. I've never understood why Dover doesn't do a Saturday doubleheader like Atlanta.

I would love a Saturday doubleheader, but I'm assuming they are concerned about the possibility of rain messing everything up. A rainy Saturday means both races would need rescheduled.

The Truck schedule is so goofy. NASCAR should save the triple headers for the tracks with lights. How many fans do they expect to show up for a 5:00 race on a Friday? How many will have a chance to watch on TV? It's a disservice to the Truck Series IMO.

Dover entry list

D5Z_uAzW4AELnLE.jpg:large

Isn't/wasn't Jimmie once really good at this track? Maybe he'll enter a fishing tournament and the NASCAR State Media will run with that narrative at every opportunity, like they did with the Boston Marathon.

Jimmie's personal non-track life is now an essential talking point, since he's crapped out at racing...

THE RACE: Gander RV 400 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK: Dover International Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #11 of 36

Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019, Dover Delaware

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup, Xfinity and Trucks are racing this weekend.

Friday, May 3
3:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series: JEGS 200, FS1/FOX Sports App

Saturday, May 4
9 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
12 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1/FOX Sports App
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity, FS1/FOX Sports App
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Allied Steel Buildings 200, FS1/FOX Sports App

Sunday, May 5
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1/FOX Sports App
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Gander RV 400, FS1/FOX Sports App

I had to go check on this qualifying with no practice. Whew. Found this for Friday:
Monster Energy Cup Series First Practice: 11:05 a.m.-11:55 a.m. (MRN/NASCAR.com)

I had to go check on this qualifying with no practice. Whew. Found this for Friday:
Monster Energy Cup Series First Practice: 11:05 a.m.-11:55 a.m. (MRN/NASCAR.com)
They have been doing this to the schedule almost every week and I don't know why lol

Reactions: Pat
They have been doing this to the schedule almost every week and I don't know why lol
Up until this year they had the full schedule, streaming etc. Now It's just the TV schedule. I'll try and remember to add the MRN broadcast times from now on.

I hate this format of streaming. For some reason I am not able to stream it although every video they have I can

Unloading live from Dover

Reactions: Pat
Isn't/wasn't Jimmie once really good at this track? Maybe he'll enter a fishing tournament and the NASCAR State Media will run with that narrative at every opportunity, like they did with the Boston Marathon.

Jimmie's personal non-track life is now an essential talking point, since he's crapped out at racing...

Did you run out of Kyle Busch material?

I may be the only one but I sure miss the marathon of a 500 mile race @ Dover. Sat in those stands for many a races never feeling that the race was too long. Many of those early races sitting on the backstretch wooden bleachers coming off of turn #2. The attention deficit generation could no longer seem to handle the length causing the race to be shortened to the current 400 mile version.

I may be the only one but I sure miss the marathon of a 500 mile race @ Dover. Sat in those stands for many a races never feeling that the race was too long. Many of those early races sitting on the backstretch wooden bleachers coming off of turn #2. The attention deficit generation could no longer seem to handle the length causing the race to be shortened to the current 400 mile version.
I don't think that I've ever been to or watched a Nascar race on TV that I thought was too long.

I can live with 400-milers at Dover, and at Rockingham in days goneby. I do frequently wish Phoenix ran 400 instead of 312

Pocono, Dover & Auto Club have all seen better races since cutting 100 miles of just cruising around. That and it cut the races from a 4 hour event to a 3 hour event which is about the same as every other major sport.

Sometimes “the way it used to be” aint “the way it oughta be”

So I dont want to be the bearer of bad news...but hopefully the showers break up for Sunday afternoon

Pocono, Dover & Auto Club have all seen better races since cutting 100 miles of just cruising around. That and it cut the races from a 4 hour event to a 3 hour event which is about the same as every other major sport.

Sometimes “the way it used to be” aint “the way it oughta be”

I agree but at the same token if they shorten any races more that are unnecessary to shorten I'll be disappointed. I personally like the distances with maybe Texas being shorter and New Hampshire or Phoenix being longer.

Nope, you are not the only one. 500 miles was always good for at least 5 hours of racing, didin't matter if it was in person or on the TV. Dover was the first cup race I ever went to. We sat on the front stretch bleachers and brought ropes so we could hang our coolers underneath us on the open grandstands. I could not believe the banking and the way the cars dove down into turn 1.

Nope, you are not the only one. 500 miles was always good for at least 5 hours of racing, didin't matter if it was in person or on the TV. Dover was the first cup race I ever went to. We sat on the front stretch bleachers and brought ropes so we could hang our coolers underneath us on the open grandstands. I could not believe the banking and the way the cars dove down into turn 1.
I remember we used to run the 600 then go to Dover the next week and run the 500. Good times

4-5 hours of standing up exposed to the elements, while intently watching/reading the race while giving their driver perspective, guidance, play-by-play would probably wear out most people.

I have a hard enough time staying focused in my comfortable chair deciding what to eat/drink next while planning my "breaks"... :D

Idk how people that complain about race lengths make it thru other sporting events that take up the same amount of time. Wanting less of my favorite thing is something you'll never hear me ask for.
so true.... my wife and I sat through watching on tv a 5 hour baseball game earlier this week, it was Cubs @ Diamondbacks. Never once did I think " when is this over?" because I like baseball, people that want races to end earlier so they can do something else are the absolute worst kind of fan. Either you're in or out with the sporting activity and your time. The catering to people with small attention spans is what will bring this sport down. Not attendance issues, points systems, or that other crap.... its catering to the ADD generations.

Back
Top Bottom