2019 Dover – Gander RV 400-- Pre-Race Thread

Aghhh I’m so torn on leaving my car lol
Lol yeah, Steve O'Donnell said on Twitter if it rains again we are done but right now turn 4 over to 2 is pretty much dried

They announced something 9 minutes from now, but all I can hear is jet dryers in front of me but cars are being put on pit road

And rolling off the grid, oh yeah

Excited to see some racing. Hope they can get this in.

Sigh I cant take off tomorrow guess I'll have to go to Pocono next month

He cursed in his tweet, yeah Mike is infuriated.

There were perfectly good ARCA and IMSA races this afternoon. I didn't see the ARCA race but the IMSA run was good entertainment. I'm pretty sure there were baseball games, and maybe hockey and basketball playoffs. Gods forbid, there's stuff to do that involves actual physical participation.

I'm with Joy; people at home have plenty of other options. Most of us here have been in rain-delay and rain-out situations. It's never pleasant, only tolerable at best, but I don't think any of us realized how the fans in the sofas were suffering. :rolleyes:

NASCAR is the only major sport that does not “play” in the rain that does not take preventative measures for fans.

MLB does not play in the rain yet they tarp the field as to make recovery as quick as possible. They also give attending fans and those watching the broadcast constant updates on an ET of play.

For NASCAR, at tracks like Bristol, Dover, Martinsville, Richmond, New Hampshire & Kentucky I really don’t see how they do not have tarps yet for the track surface to make drying that much quicker. Other major tracks it is what it is, not much help there. As far as keeping fans updated, NASCAR social media was silent about if they were going green as was the broadcast always delaying the inevitable. Simply wasting people’s time.

It’s the small things that keep some fans happy

NASCAR is the only major sport that does not “play” in the rain that does not take preventative measures for fans.

MLB does not play in the rain yet they tarp the field as to make recovery as quick as possible. They also give attending fans and those watching the broadcast constant updates on an ET of play.

For NASCAR, at tracks like Bristol, Dover, Martinsville, Richmond, New Hampshire & Kentucky I really don’t see how they do not have tarps yet for the track surface to make drying that much quicker. Other major tracks it it what it is, not much help there. As far as keeping fans updated, NASCAR social media was silent about if they were going green as was the broadcast always delaying the inevitable. Simply wasting people’s time.

I still like my retractable tarp idea, a tarp that comes out from under the safe barrier and stretches down the tracks, only gaps be from accounting for turn radius and thus cut down on drying time

For NASCAR, at tracks like Bristol, Dover, Martinsville, Richmond, New Hampshire & Kentucky I really don’t see how they do not have tarps yet for the track surface to make drying that much quicker. Other major tracks it is what it is, not much help there. As far as keeping fans updated, NASCAR social media was silent about if they were going green as was the broadcast always delaying the inevitable. Simply wasting people’s time.

lol. You have got to be kidding me? This isnt a case of a wet track, (they dried the track) its the case of not being to keep it dry with another rain shower coming through. Have you ever been to these tracks? This isnt a baseball feild and as for keeping fans updated, me and my friends knew all day long what was going on.

I still like my retractable tarp idea, a tarp that comes out from under the safe barrier and stretches down the tracks, only gaps be from accounting for turn radius and thus cut down on drying time
even if you had that, you wouldnt have seen a race today.

lol. You have got to be kidding me? This isnt a case of a wet track, (they dried the track) its the case of not being to keep it dry with another rain shower coming through. Have you ever been to these tracks? This isnt a baseball feild and as for keeping fans updated, me and my friends knew all day long what was going on.
Today’s case is an obvious rain-out. As long as it keeps raining at a track without lights there is nothing they can do. My statement was more generalized to scattered rain storms where we’ve seen hours for a drying process. That has the potential to be expedited easily. Being proactive rather than reactive makes everyone’s life easier including soaking wet fans.

upload_2019-5-6_8-43-18.png

I’m sure FOX loves seeing the ir flagship commentator telling fans to turn the TV off.

The dude on twitter is out of his mind but Joy did not respond well.

I watched 2 minutes of the rain coverage while taking a break from the project I was working on and DW just over the top beyond being just a buffoon that had to change the channel.

InunderI und both sides of this but it's their job to make something people want to watch. If that many people complain about maybe there is an issue with it.

Fox recently have done their best to distract us from the Waltrip boobs with Spake's...

Back
Top Bottom