2019 French Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
D9gAA13XkAA2YfN.jpg

As expected.

Congrats to Mercedes for embarrassing the field once again. McLaren is really starting to come around as well, great to see. Giovanizzi was fantastic today!

Man, I cannot defend Gasly any longer. He's going to have to find pace or he's going to get demoted soon. He has to find something soon or he's going to ousted quicker than he got promoted.
It's getting to be embarrassing, really. At Toro Rosso, he seemed to have what it took to excel on the higher-end team. His magical Bahrainian Grand Prix with Toro Rosso springs to mind. Unfortunately, he's not been in the same ZIP code as Verstappen all season long. I'm with you. He doesn't have much longer to churn out some heroics.

It's getting to be embarrassing, really. At Toro Rosso, he seemed to have what it took to excel on the higher-end team. His magical Bahrainian Grand Prix with Toro Rosso springs to mind. Unfortunately, he's not been in the same ZIP code as Verstappen all season long. I'm with you. He doesn't have much longer to churn out some heroics.

He was going against a man in Hartley who hasn't driven a open-wheel car in over a decade. It was a commanding performance, but Gasly going against a completely different animal. He lacks raw pace in qualifying and race trim, not a good sign.

He was going against a man in Hartley who hasn't driven a open-wheel car in over a decade. It was a commanding performance, but Gasly going against a completely different animal. He lacks raw pace in qualifying and race trim, not a good sign.
Very true. Put in that context, it honestly makes what Hartley was able to achieve seem a little more remarkable.

Gasly is going to have to find that last 5% some drivers speak on not being able to attain. Right now, he's reminding me of Antonio Pizzonia. He showed promise to begin with, but is struggling to fulfill that promise, and the demotion is looking inevitable.

Imagine the uproar if Gasly and Kvyat traded seats.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the track either. I do like its history though.
Gasly is not as far of as he may appear for the season. He should be good
if he stays in the top 6 in points.
Here are his current stats to ponder.

I am about ready for a little F1 drama that gives us a least likely podium.

FORMULA 1

PIERRE GASLY
RED BULL RACING
Season stats and ranking
36 Points
6th place

0 Wins

Least in league
Avg. start position: 11
7th place

Avg. finish position: 6
5th place

Avg. points per race: 5
6th place

I don't know when I'll get to this on DVR. The comments are not inspiring. There's a lot of good racing to get caught up on. It's a shame that viewership has been up and the product is this poor.

Pit stops would be more interesting if they had two or three people working on the cars and not 20 or 30.

Pit stops would be more interesting if they didn't have them. I want to see the cars going fast and racing each other. Now the only "racing" is seeing who can undercut who. Get rid of pit stops and make them race for it. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world. I'm sure if you gave them a set of tires that would last the distance they could figure it out.

Look, that's how they used to do it and it was fine. The racing was better and the only strategy was outracing the other guy while making your equipment last.

What we saw today is a result of being too lazy to race and relying on pit stops instead of passes. ****ing pitiful.

Pit stops would be more interesting if they didn't have them. I want to see the cars going fast and racing each other. Now the only "racing" is seeing who can undercut who. Get rid of pit stops and make them race for it. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world. I'm sure if you gave them a set of tires that would last the distance they could figure it out.

Look, that's how they used to do it and it was fine. The racing was better and the only strategy was outracing the other guy while making your equipment last.

What we saw today is a result of being too lazy to race and relying on pit stops instead of passes. ****ing pitiful.
I quite liked the tire management races in 2011-12 when the tires didn't last very long and drivers who could manage them used some crazy strategies.

This year's tires could easily last a whole race. If they didn't have the rule to run at least two sets, there wouldn't be any pit stops.

Are these ******* stewards trying to suck what little fun is left in these races and drive the fans away? Is this some financial strategy Liberty and the FIA are involved in to try to devalue the company?

I’m going back to bed.
Haha, know what ya mean. That was a bit of a brick .
The interviews, the build up, and then waa-wuuu. Oh well, it happens.
Mercedes is rewriting the record book and no one has an answer for them yet.

This year is crushing after last season. We go from a season full of drama, to Mercedes absolutely washing the field.

I will say that last lap battle with Ricardo was awesome! Just a bonkers finish there

Back
Top Bottom