2019 Gander Outdoors Truck Series Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Nov 24, 2018.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

I see they haven't gone back to what made the Trucks great, short tracks like Colorado National and the like. These guys still put on a good show, hope it continues.

IanMcVittie and AuzGrams like this.
  4. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

IN the 2018 season The Trucks were the best Racing of all three divisions, IMHO. :booya:

5. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

With all these "upgrades" SMI and ISC can do for some of their tracks, they can't put in a few extra grandstands and SAFER barriers for a race at the LVMS Bullring & Texas Dirt Track?

6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I thought so also. They were fun to watch for sure.

7. MRM

MRM Team Owner

I saw where Natalie Decker may be getting Bret Moffitt's ride for 2019. She's a midpack driver in ARCA, at best. And the owner wants to put her in a top truck ride only because she has a sponsor. Sad to see.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  8. Revman

Revman May God Bless Coach Joe Gibbs and all JGR Fans

I will argue that you cannot have the best racing unless you have the best drivers. Enough said. I am tired of this narrative. Let's go to a AAA baseball game because the one with Aaron Judge isn't as good. That. Makes. No. Sense.

9. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

Danica all over again.

10. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

But they were the best drivers in that series.

JBone88, kkfan91 and Mopardh9 like this.
  11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Race restricted Twinkle toes ran 5 races, got beat three times.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  12. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

The best football players are in the NFL, but a lot of people prefer the college game. It makes plenty of sense.

Sports and racing are apples and oranges anyway

JBone88, Charlie Spencer, sdj and 2 others like this.
  13. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

You can put the best drivers in inferior vehicles running backwards on a Figure-8 track and it's not going to result in the best racing.

Team Penske and sdj like this.
  14. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

I have always enjoyed the truck races the most.

sdj likes this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Good article about the little team that did. Beating all of the multi truck OEM teams is doing something

Shigeaki Hattori makes history with NASCAR Truck Series title
    Shigeaki Hattori and Hattori Racing Enterprises beat the odds, found the sponsorship and prevailed against the best the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series has to offer.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-t...es-history-nascar-truck-championship/3215941/

Kiante, Marcingak and sdj like this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

19. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

You must have a long list of sources for Nascar information. :cheers:

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Creed above was last years ARCA champion in the heavily Toyota sponsored MDM motorsports camp. He is driving a Chevy for GMS. MDM ran a Chevy truck? MDM isn't going to this year and is scaling back from four cars to two Toyotas in ARCA. Weasel Joe hired away from MBM a crew chief. Toyota doesn't have any places for these guys to go that they have developed and yet they let a cup champion team go? It looks like after years of spending money like drunkin sailors, they are scaling back a bit. They are keeping the truck series pretty full, DGR Crosley are a couple of full time Toyota trucks new from last year in addition to KBM's 4. I would guess they are trying to build up truck sales.

21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Mike Crayne likes this.
  23. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Bring your own sponsors?