2019 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

FLRacingFan

Team Owner

EAWR21tWwAU2J2Q.jpg

TK is a good seven tenths off of Enerson. Enerson has not raced in three years...

I think Leist was hardly any better, what a train wreck of a season.

Can't imagine Rossi switching from a two-stop to three-stop strategy that late in that first stint will bode well for the rest of the race.

I'm dreading hearing the words that race control is reviewing the contact.

It's a tad early in the championship for the heavy team tactics stuff for my taste, but oh well, that's reality.

Rosenqvist has been sublime today, best he's looked all season. Getting Power through the Esses is really impressive.

If anyone can make reds last a full 30-lap stint it's probably Dixon. Rosenqvist on fresher blacks could make it interesting though.

I'll say it again, one of the two luckiest drivers on the planet. I know they were battles for position but Dixon was saved by Marco and Sato driving like total wankers. He drove Felix all over the place on that last lap too.

And I'm sorry to say it but that's small-time thinking by Newgarden. Ugh. Frustrating.

I'll say it again, one of the two luckiest drivers on the planet. I know they were battles for position but Dixon was saved by Marco and Sato driving like total wankers. He drove Felix all over the place on that last lap too.

And I'm sorry to say it but that's small-time thinking by Newgarden. Ugh. Frustrating.
Josef May have cost himself the championship with that move. Still a couple races left, but every position/point matters

I read earlier this week that the points leader with six races to go (before Iowa) hasn't won the title since Dixon in 2008. This might be the race that keeps that streak going another year...

I had to leave and am watching the last 30 laps now. Townsend Bell sounds like such a toolbag hyping up the possibility of Rosenqvist dropping back from second to screw with Newgarden.

Credit to Ganassi for letting Rosenqvist race for the win, sorta, though I still don't get his pit strategy switch.

Dixon was swerving all over, don't want to hear any more talk from him about blocking. At least he acknowledged it in victory lane.

Newgarden definitely made a bonehead move, but I'm glad these guys are driving that hard.

That was a fun race.

Last edited:
Credit to Ganassi for letting Rosenqvist race for the win, sorta, though I still don't get his pit strategy switch.

Dixon was swerving all over, don't want to hear any more talk from him about blocking. At least he acknowledged it in victory lane.

Newgarden definitely made a bonehead move, but I'm glad these guys are driving that hard.

That was a fun race.
I didn't see any blocking, Dixon didn't give him anything but I didn't see out n out blocking.

I agree, glad to see the aggression. This was a very good race, very intriguing. Newgarden's late blunder cost him 18 points versus Rossi, which is the points difference between a win and P4 at a future race. So it's significant. With double points at Laguna Seca, that's where it will be resolved most likely.

Newgarden leads by 16 points over Rossi and 47 over Pagenaud. Had he coasted home in fourth, his lead would be 34 over Rossi and 65 over Pags.

I'm pulling for Rossi for the championship... because he doesn't have one yet. For the same reason, I'll be pulling for Newgarden next May at Indy... he doesn't have a 500 yet so he needs and deserves one.

Back
Top Bottom