Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #26 of 36

Date: Sunday September 8th, 2019, Indianapolis IN/Speedway IN

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup Sun, Xfinity Sat. Trucks are off this weekend

TV SCHEDULE

Friday, Sept. 6
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delayed)
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delayed)

Saturday, Sept. 7
11 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
12 pm, NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Indiana 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Race, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Sunday, Sept. 8
10:30 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
2 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBC/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Post Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Victory Lap, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought the Brickyard as the regular season finale worked pretty well? Its freaking stupid the Firecracker isnt in July. I'll get over it eventually.

Wait I thought this race was in Speedway, Indiana...not Indianapolis??? It's better than that God-awful Texas boring single-file parade fest they've been doing since the 90s.

I might be getting my forum jokes confused...

Am I the only one who thought the Brickyard as the regular season finale worked pretty well? Its freaking stupid the Firecracker isnt in July. I'll get over it eventually.
It’s garbage they axed the July 4th Daytona race which is a mistake I hope that is rectified in the future. I just don’t get the rational of originally moving the Brickyard from the 2nd week of August because it was too hot for the fans (which I agree)...moved to a nice cool September date....then moved again back to July which is just as hot as August in the Midwest. I don’t understand that logic.

Wait I thought this race was in Speedway, Indiana...not Indianapolis???
The official Address is Indianapolis so I just went with that.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is an automobile racing circuit located in Speedway, Indiana, in the United States. It is the home of the Indianapolis 500 and the Brickyard 400, and formerly the home of the United States Grand Prix. Wikipedia

Address: 4790 W 16th St, Indianapolis, IN 46222

Wait I thought this race was in Speedway, Indiana...not Indianapolis??? It's better than that God-awful Texas boring single-file parade fest they've been doing since the 90s.

If I recall Texas is in Speedway and Indianapolis is in Dallas

It’s garbage they axed the July 4th Daytona race which is a mistake I hope that is rectified in the future. I just don’t get the rational of originally moving the Brickyard from the 2nd week of August because it was too hot for the fans (which I agree)...moved to a nice cool September date....then moved again back to July which is just as hot as August in the Midwest. I don’t understand that logic.

Seems like NASCAR wants some underdog to win at Daytona or some crap at the finale, I don't get it.

It's in Fort Worth. ;)

Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

For Indy, Cup teams will practice Saturday & get a few hours to work on cars & then NASCAR will tech cars Saturday night. They were going to open garage at 6am Sunday to tech, then qualify, then race but opted to tech Sat night & impound. Sunday: qualify (lineup official) & race

I will be first that says, this is my least favorite race of the year, and race track , its probably good there is not a "dislike" option:D

I think the race will be better, how much better remains to be seen. Both of the Xfinity races they ran with a similar package at Indy were pretty decent.

I highly doubt this package will be much help to the racing quality. The turns are still single-groove. The air coming off these cars will still be dirty directly behind them (just as we've seen other weeks). But with the lower horsepower lap times should be considerably longer so hey it'll be a longer race :D

Now I get chastised and told to "wAiT fOr ThE aCtUaL rAcE"

I don't hate the Brickyard, but I feel like a move to IRP would be huge and a hit once the race happened there. Plus 40-50K at IRP has great optics compared to IMS (50K+).

IRP needs renovations though, last I heard they were getting small renovations to the oval but nothing to bring NASCAR as far as I know, maybe someone else could chime in.

Indy entry list
EDjcUU_XUAM6207.jpg:large

It beats the only known alternative.

In this case, it's more that I don't spend much time on social media. This place and a birding site. Memes and meme-wannabes don't show up much on either one.

Oh, and while we're at it, what's a smh?
Shake my head lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom