2019 Indianapolis – Big Machine Vodka 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

Map looks like already raining in Marion County and heading for the track.
Doubtful race will start on time.

Map looks like already raining in Marion County and heading for the track.
Doubtful race will start on time.

O goodie... high chances of Another NBC delayed race moving to NBCsn... I’d like to see the numbers for how many times that’s happened in the last couple seasons. I could be wrong, but seems like several.

Okay, I know there's a chance of rain delays (although it looks like race will go the distance), and some tailgating folks in the parking lots may not have heard about the revised start time,

but there ain't nobody there.

Keep the cameras low. It seems like even the drivers are affected by the lack of fans. This is sad after such a promising start. The first race had 250,000 fans!

Okay, I know there's a chance of rain delays (although it looks like race will go the distance), and some tailgating folks in the parking lots may not have heard about the revised start time,

but there ain't nobody there.
I had been in Indy for 3 weeks already and went to 2 sprint car races, a motocross race, a drag race, a midget race, a day of Infinity practice, and a NASCAR hauler parade, 2 slot car races, and a lot of buffets. I decided on Sat that I had had enough fun and it was time to head east. Now I can relax and watch the race today on tv in beautiful Pennsylvania.:D

Last edited:
Good on Denny acknowledging Brad stopping and possibly stopping those behind him so Denny could get out. BK also dropp d his net so maybe was going to help Denny if needed then he did check on Denny before he proceeded to the pits. Notice who blew right on by?

Menard won on fuel strategy and is the only real schmuck to have won the race. Take a look at the winners here and for the most part it’s a who’s who of NASCAR for the past quarter century.

Statistically, there is not a singular track or race where the winner correlates as much to the eventual season champion or where a driver’s finish so closely corresponds to their average finish across the rest of the schedule more than the Brickyard 400 and IMS. It’s arguably the best measuring stick for individual and team ability in the series.
BUT, he is still a winner there. Like they say about Cope, you have to be there to get the win.

Back
Top Bottom