2019 Iowa 300

Haven't gotten to see any practice, but I did hear the late one was the "raciest" of the season. Hopefully that translates to the race...although, there seems to be worry over the race not being a true night race thanks to NBC's goofy scheduling, with the sun constantly in the drivers' faces.

You know what would be great? A NASCAR Cup, IMSA United SportsCar Championship, and Indycar triple header... It can be done. Hell Charlotte might be perfect (of course the Roval)

Rick Allen, Calvin Fish, Jon Beekhuis is the best NBC broadcasting trio I have heard probably since the Versus days! It is good to be reminded that Rick can be tolerable to listen to when paired with good analysts and without NASCAR-fed talking points.

Rick Allen, Calvin Fish, Jon Beekhuis is the best NBC broadcasting trio I have heard probably since the Versus days! It is good to be reminded that Rick can be tolerable to listen to when paired with good analysts and without NASCAR-fed talking points.

Seriously? OK, you're going to make me check this out for a bit.

Seriously? OK, you're going to make me check this out for a bit.
I can tell Rick hasn’t seen much sports car racing, but he’s asking decent questions and letting the other two explain things which is all you can really ask for from a noob. More importantly, he hasn’t screamed at all despite the factory Porsches being tied at the hip in the lead battle all race.

Not that I'm a big Indy fan, but I'll take any racing I can get. They have waited this long and seeing how the rain is almost over, hopefully they wait it out and get the race in tonight.

I think everyone wins if they can get this in tonight. It’ll be a true night race, no glare for the drivers and the weather won’t be nearly as obnoxious for the fans, and NBC won’t have to manage two different races at the same time tomorrow. Sounds like this other cell is doing a good job of avoiding the track so far.

I can tell Rick hasn’t seen much sports car racing, but he’s asking decent questions and letting the other two explain things which is all you can really ask for from a noob. More importantly, he hasn’t screamed at all despite the factory Porsches being tied at the hip in the lead battle all race.
Did they start showing IMSA early? So much for my 9:30 DVR setting.

Iowa doesn't have a "curfew", if I'm not mistaken. The race will happen tonight, just the East Coast will have to suffer a bit.

..So I guess I'm gonna chill and finish off this GT race lol.

Cars to the grid at 9:45 Central, 10:45 Eastern. No start time announced yet, sounds like there might be some weepers still being worked on in turns 3-4.

... Is it bad that I'm warming up to Ferucci already?:mellow::blink:
I find it uncomfortable, if not downright dishonest and misleading, that IndyCar and its media partners (RACER, NBC) continue to gloss over his past as lightly as possible...but I can't deny that they're doing a good job of it so far, as it seems a lot of people are flipping on him. I think it'll be hard to know if he's ever really changed his thoughts and opinions, but he at least hasn't done anything downright stupid and obnoxious like he did in Europe.

I find it uncomfortable, if not downright dishonest and misleading, that IndyCar and its media partners (RACER, NBC) continue to gloss over his past as lightly as possible...but I can't deny that they're doing a good job of it so far, as it seems a lot of people are flipping on him. I think it'll be hard to know if he's ever really changed his thoughts and opinions, but he at least hasn't done anything downright stupid and obnoxious like he did in Europe.

His dad is an asshat, I think it was more of his Dad than anything else. Yet, I think without all of the politics and being able to show his personality, he has clicked with it.

He's been awesome driving this year, but it should not be ignored about what he did at Trident last year. It seems like he's been getting on well in IndyCar with fans and drivers. If he continues with his impressive driving, he will catch on quick with fans and have a long future in IndyCar.

Are they really going to run this is or is this TV killing time? The final groups of the Open tee off early in the morning. At some point I need to wave the white flag on the IndyCar race.....

Takuma's sponsorship game is OP.

I've never seen so many associate sponsors on a hat. Not to mention the Honda engine discount, this man has all of Japan behind him.

Man, I'm ready to see some racing.

I don't think they thought it would be this big of a challenge to dry the track, otherwise it would have been called a couple hours ago. At this point, they would have been criticized so badly to make the fans wait this long, only to postpone the race with the rain long gone.

I don't think they thought it would be this big of a challenge to dry the track, otherwise it would have been called a couple hours ago. At this point, they would have been criticized so badly to make the fans wait this long, only to postpone the race with the rain long gone.
Yeah, it sounds like it's been weeper issues more than anything else. It hasn't rained in hours and they dried much of the track rather quickly. There's been a trouble spot in Turn 4, reportedly.

Hopefully this doesn't pan out like New Hampshire 2011 :oops:

Back
Top Bottom