2019 NBA Playoffs

gnomesayin

Team Owner
I know there aren't a ton of NBA fans around here, but there were a couple of fine Game 7s today.

You would think the Blazers win the league championship from how Portland is reacting. It's kinda cute. They haven't made it this far, to the conference finals, since 2000.

In the East, the Raptors won on this wild bouncing Kawhi Leonard buzzer beater. Nice moment for the city of Toronto. This is also a hell of a call by Kevin Harlan.

D6aZ7tTWwAIIiQy.jpg

For as terrible as the first round was, the semifinals more than made up for it. I think the Warriors and Bucks should be able to handle the conference finals but I'd love to see them both go six or seven games, culminating in an awesome Finals matchup.

Regardless, Kawhi with the first-ever Game 7 buzzer-beater is pretty damn cool. Only real stinker series of the four was Bucks/Celtics.

That's awesome for Kawhi, man. I knocked him during the whole fiasco with him and the Spurs last year, but good for him. It's good for that city, too, after losing the popular DeRozan in the trade for Kawhi.

I haven't been watching the playoffs, but as someone who hasn't actively followed the NBA since my man Kevin Garnett won his championship with the Celtics, it's nice to see teams in the hunt for the title that were middle or bottom-tier teams when I was into it.

Also, Kevin Harlan is my favorite play-by-play guy of all time.

Some really good basketball this postseason. The Kawhi triple doink dagger was nucking futs. CJ McCollum went off yesterday to push the Blazers forward too. Awesome stuff.

I can’t believe they still trot Marv Albert out there.

Mike Breen and Harlan are 1A and 1B for me.
bernie-yasss.gif

I forgot all about Mike Breen, man. I love that dude. When I was in college, we got the MSG network, so I got to hear Mike calling all of the Knicks games. We also got the YES network and Comcast SportsNet, so I got to see all of the Nets and Sixers games too. Add ESPN and TNT to the mix, and I was in NBA heaven. Good times, good times!

Great game in Oakland tonight. Portland played much better, but ultimately that's a game they had to win in order to take the series IMO.

Iguodala is still such a good defender, especially considering his age.

Great game in Oakland tonight. Portland played much better, but ultimately that's a game they had to win in order to take the series IMO.

Indeed. The Blazers had to close that one out, and they won't get many better chances. They played very assertively in the first half and then withstood the big run from the Warriors, but too many missed opportunities and defensive lapses down the stretch. Also, the problem for this team is that while both Lillard and McCollum can take over a game, they are rarely both playing well at the same time.

The Blazers show flashes of being able to outplay the Warriors, but can't come close to putting an entire game together.

Blazers should be embarrassed with how that one played out. Lillard and McCollum shrunk and the Warriors took over the game with Quinn Cook, Jonas Jerebko, and Alfonzo McKinnie.

Glad I decided to watch the Cup race because that was a pathetic collapase and performance by Lillard

Blazers should be embarrassed with how that one played out. Lillard and McCollum shrunk and the Warriors took over the game with Quinn Cook, Jonas Jerebko, and Alfonzo McKinnie.

At home, no less.

I live less than a mile away from Moda Center and fans park here and walk to the arena. If I wanted to see some deflated ass people walking by, I'd just stick my head out the door.

They could have given this Warriors team a bit of a series if they'd had their **** together. Lillard looks lost against the Warriors' trap.

As bad as the WCF series was, just embarrassingly bad, the ECF is now a battle. Everything hinged on that double OT Game 3.

I would like to think either of these teams can give the current Warriors a run, but Golden State will have a huge rest advantage.

It's been a blast watching the Warriors win without KD. This is basically the same team that won the Championship in 2015 and is a more fun brand of basketball to watch. Anyone who said that Curry was overrated and not one of the best point guards and shooters of all time is delusional.

giphy.gif

Curry has been great in spurts and very inconsistent and ineffective at other times. The whole team and its depth have been phenomenal.

Curry has been electric since KD went down. Seems like he's better when the team flows more through him.

I'm glad at least one series will go six or seven. For a team that doesn't have much depth, the Raptors bench played extremely well yesterday.

Andrew Bogut blocked me on Twitter because I said he needs to hang it up. Ha. Never realized how sensitive these guys are anymore.

Are the Toronto Raptors about to be America's Team in the Finals?

I know I'll be pulling for them. Great story for that city.

Are the Toronto Raptors about to be America's Team in the Finals?

I know I'll be pulling for them. Great story for that city.

Good for Toronto.Great city with great fans. To bad for them that the Warriors are gonna beat them in five and Kawhi is gonna bail.

I hope Toronto wins so Bogut and Durant can cry and fight with fans on social media

2 games in and the Finals have been great. Time for Durant to ruin it like Kyle Busch ruins Truck and Xfinity races.

Not looking good for Toronto. They needed that one to put the pressure back on GSW.

Warriors might be without both Klay and KD for Game 3. Klay's hamstring injury did not look good, and KD probably doesn't come back until Game 4 at the earliest. Looney is likely out for the series. Toronto giving up homecourt could be costly, but it still has potential to be a lengthy series.

Warriors might be without both Klay and KD for Game 3. Klay's hamstring injury did not look good, and KD probably doesn't come back until Game 4 at the earliest. Looney is likely out for the series. Toronto giving up homecourt could be costly, but it still has potential to be a lengthy series.

Losing Klay would be big. Just seems they have unlimited depth no matter what goes down, next guy up mentality, and they keep rolling. Iguodala Green and Curry with surrounding crew taking 3's... I think Toronto is going to have a tough time stealing one at Oracle. Hope it happens though! Please let it happen...:)

Gonna be an interesting game tonight.I'm worried about Klay, Looney, Iguodala, and have written off KD. If Toronto can't win this Championship with all the Warriors injuries they don't deserve it.

Let's go Warriors!

XA67.gif

Still no KD tonight. He was allegedly supposed to play in game 3, and game 4, but he's MIA. Klay is going to play tonight, but hamstring injuries don't heal in two days so I'm not sure how effective he's going to be. And to top it off, Looney who's been a huge player in the playoffs won't be playing and it appears he's done.

That being said...

Last edited:
The Warriors just looked sad and depleted down the stretch in the second half. Very surprising to watch. They are on the brink now, I suspect they can win at least one more and take it 6 or 7. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom