Contributor
THE RACE: Gander RV 400 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK: Pocono Raceway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #21 of 36

Date: Sunday July 28th, 2019, Long Pond PA

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup and Trucks at Pocono and Xfinity at Iowa this weekend. Xfinity and Trucks double header on Sat.

TV SCHEDULE

Friday, July 26
4 p.m., ARCA Menards Series FORTS USA 150, FS1/FOX Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice at Iowa, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying at Pocono, FS1/FOX Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice at Iowa, NBC Sports App

Saturday, July 27
9 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice at Pocono, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice at Pocono, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
12 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Qualifying at Iowa, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1 p.m., NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Gander RV 150 at Pocono, FOX/FOX Sports App
4 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying at Pocono, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Sunday, July 28
2:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Gander RV 400 at Pocono, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Post Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Last edited:
Thinking of going since I got rained out of Dover will probably decide by the weekend at earliest

June was so dreadful that I really hope this July race is good so I can maybe consider the doubleheader next year

Please for the love of God be a 750HP race...
No sir, its 550 big ones at Pocono:
ki3o60ezl6b21.jpg

:owquitit:... Oh boi.

That chart is out of date, aero ducts have been added for Pocono Raceway, Darlington Raceway and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. I would guess PJ-1 would be used? Pocono is getting it applied.

I feel like we're in for a snoozer but maybe the track bite will open some grooves up

I'm going simply to go. I'm not expecting a good race at all unfortunately. You need horsepower/gearing to pull down the straights. You need speed to have drafting be a factor. I don't like this "package" at all for this track. Granted, I'm in the "teams should determine the package" guy. Like Martin who brought shifting to the track....

I feel bad for Pocono after the last two finishes we have had, if it’s the usual boring self it has been it is going to feel extra dull.

Will be watching on the phone as I’ll be at Mid Ohio this weekend for Indy

I'm going simply to go. I'm not expecting a good race at all unfortunately. You need horsepower/gearing to pull down the straights. You need speed to have drafting be a factor. I don't like this "package" at all for this track. Granted, I'm in the "teams should determine the package" guy. Like Martin who brought shifting to the track....

Pocono was one of my favorite tracks that everybody hated when it had a lot of horsepower. It was evident that the horsepower/gearing/shifting was lacking in June. I'm curious if IMS will be the same since Pocono/IMS are the most similar to each other on the schedule.

The 550 "package" might work at the 1.5 milers, but I have yet to see it work well at Michigan/Fontana/Pocono even yet.

The 550 "package" might work at the 1.5 milers, but I have yet to see it work well at Michigan/Fontana/Pocono even yet.
Then the obvious solution for those tracks is 500 or 450 horse package with dive planes mounted on the fenders, preferably at the same height at the tires.

Anybody else not a fan of the practice/qualifying format this week? Just like start times, having a 1st practice & then qualifying on Friday was always best I thought...
This is what they call an enhanced schedule for Cup cars. They do this because all the fans asked to have their Friday free of any Cup activites... unless it involves a red solo cup.

Poc-OH-NO! parking and unload

This is what they call an enhanced schedule for Cup cars. They do this because all the fans asked to have their Friday free of any Cup activites... unless it involves a red solo cup.

I guess the hauler parade is that big of a deal to be put on Friday, huh? I don't know what fans asked for it, I'm sure there is some reasoning behind not having to pay to show up Thursday Night or Friday morning, I guess it is cheaper for them I suppose.

Then again this makes zero sense because there's still Truck practice & Q along with ARCA so what sense does this enhanced schedule make?

Saturday Races - P1, P2, Q on Friday
Sunday Races - P1, Q on Friday | P2 & P3 on Saturday
Special/Crown Jewel Races (such as Daytona 500, Coke 600, Brickyard 400, Championship 4 Race) - can be messed with I suppose

Last edited:
I guess the hauler parade is that big of a deal to be put on Friday, huh? I don't know what fans asked for it, I'm sure there is some reasoning behind not having to pay to show up Thursday Night or Friday morning, I guess it is cheaper for them I suppose.

Then again this makes zero sense because there's still Truck practice & Q along with ARCA so what sense does this enhanced schedule make?

Special/Crown Jewel Races (such as Daytona 500, Coke 600, Brickyard 400, Championship 4 Race) - can be messed with I suppose
I believe it makes things less expensive for the Cup teams. They have one less day of operating expenses - hotels, food, rentals, etc.

While I was mostly being sarcastic. The term "enhanced" was being used by NASCAR Brass...you know, those marketing folks try to make everything sound good.

Back
Top Bottom