Date: Saturday September 21st, 2019, Richmond VA

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 7:45 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup Sat, Xfinity Fri. Trucks are off this weekend

TV SCHEDULE

Friday, Sept. 20
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11:30 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series opening practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green: Richmond, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series GoBowling 250, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Saturday, Sept. 21
7 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

We are headed to Richmond for the first time tomorrow...any tips or advise regarding the track and area?
Traffic should be no problem and plenty of free parking. Been there many times, during the sellout days it was a nightmare.....

We have two TV's side by side. Always have something on the second one.
We listen to the one most inviting!
Betsy

From Jayski:
Cars will be impounded after qualifying on Friday and inspected Saturday when the garage opens. The starting lineup will be unofficial until inspection is complete.
Ya know, Big Bill said he wanted fans to leave the track knowing who won. Back in those days, fans might never find out if a driver was DQ'ed and someone else was named the winner.

Nowadays, with modern communications methods, NASCAR has seen fit to abandon that practice. Now they assume that someone is DQ'ed, it won't take fans long to learn. Indeed, try to avoid finding out the winner if you DVR'ed to watch the next day.

So it shouldn't be that damn hard to set the damn starting lineup within a few damn hours of qualifying, or to at least have the same damn schedule every damn week.

That was awesome too bad Carl Edward's isn't still racing.

Not the night race, but never gets old.
Carl is one of the few drivers who managed to get the better of Kyle more often than not when it came to racing for wins.

In fact, Carl has won two races by out driving Kyle for the win in races where Kyle was dominant. Idk why, but it seemed as if he had something on Carl.

I miss Carl. At his best, I'd take him in my car over everyone the last 20 years except Johnson, Stewart, and probably Kyle. From 2005 until 2011 (roush's downfall) Carl was the 3rd best guy after Johnson and Stewart in terms of making runs at a title. Kyle was a race winner... But Carl could put together whole seasons. Damn shame he never got to win a title. I wonder how he'd be running in the 19. Don't know who his CC would be, but with how fast JGR has been, and the fact that Truex has managed to win a title, I have zero doubt in my mind that Carl with a good CC would be running ATLEAST as good as the combo of Truex and Pearn. Probably wouldn't have the magic combination, but Carl's superior talent to Truex with a good CC would make up for it, and put him right up there with the 18 I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Carl is one of the few drivers who managed to get the better of Kyle more often than not when it came to racing for wins.

That doesn’t seem to be correct:

https://www.racing-reference.info/dvd

Link not happy.

Total races in this series for the selected range of years: 423

First race: 2004 Pop Secret 500 (2004-25)
Last race: 2016 Ford EcoBoost 400 (2016-36)

Kyle Busch Carl Edwards
Head-to-Head
205 wins 218 wins
Actual Race Stats
Wins
38 28
Top 5's 147 123
Top 10's 219 215
Avg. Finish 14.5 13.2

Last edited:
That doesn’t seem to be correct:

https://www.racing-reference.info/dvd

Link not happy.

Total races in this series for the selected range of years: 423

First race: 2004 Pop Secret 500 (2004-25)
Last race: 2016 Ford EcoBoost 400 (2016-36)

Kyle Busch Carl Edwards
Head-to-Head
205 wins 218 wins
Actual Race Stats
Wins
38 28
Top 5's 147 123
Top 10's 219 215
Avg. Finish 14.5 13.2
I'm not talking overall. Kyle has been better. Im talking when they raced each other for wins. Where Carl was leading and Kyle was 2nd at the end. Or when Kyle was leading, and Carl was second at the end. Just off the top of my head, Carl stole wins from Kyle at Richmond in 16, Bristol in 08, and Michigan in 08.

In terms of head to head, all 400+ races, yeah, Kyle has won more.

I'm not talking overall. Kyle has been better. Im talking when they raced each other for wins. Where Carl was leading and Kyle was 2nd at the end. Or when Kyle was leading, and Carl was second at the end. Just off the top of my head, Carl stole wins from Kyle at Richmond in 16, Bristol in 08, and Michigan in 08.

Well, yeah Roush was garbage the last 3 years Carl was there. When's the last time a Roush car not driven by Edwards won a non plate race?

In this game, among your peers, you’re as good as you were last week.

Buescher continues to impress, top of the board final practice.

upload_2019-9-20_11-36-32.png

Good penalties. Ought to eliminate shenanigans. Remember when the teams didnt respect the lack of penalties and the cars wouldn't pass inspection time after time after time?

Back
Top Bottom