THE RACE: Toyota Owners 400 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Richmond Raceway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #9 of 36

Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2019, Richmond VA

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 7:45 pm/et

=======================================
All Times E/T

Cup and Xfinity are racing this weekend.

TV Schedule

Friday, April 12
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
5:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series, FS1/FOX Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: ToyotaCare 250, FS1/FOX Sports App

On MRN:
8 a.m., ToyotaCare 250 final practice
11 a.m., Toyota Owners 400 practice
12:30 p.m., The Off Axis Podcast
1 p.m., Toyota Owners 400 final practice
5:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole qualifying
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series ToyotaCare 250

Saturday, April 13
7:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Owners 400,
FOX/FOX Sports App

Last edited:
I know there probably will still be some empty seats, but I'm hoping the whole fanbase isn't gonna be up in arms about attendance this weekend.

Love Richmond as a destination more so than Bristol for some reason lol. Looking forward to a night race. Would like to go to Richmond soon, looks like the new renovations to the track are nice.

I know there probably will still be some empty seats, but I'm hoping the whole fanbase isn't gonna be up in arms about attendance this weekend.

Love Richmond as a destination more so than Bristol for some reason lol. Looking forward to a night race. Would like to go to Richmond soon, looks like the new renovations to the track are nice.

No stopping the pessimists from stinking it up, I'd love to go as well. I missed out on an opportunity in '13 to go.:(

Looks like Rocks for Richmond. Tire wear is a "little less" with the package is the story now.
D3t9tMfWkAAY5aA.jpg:large

"The tires this weekend feature the same compounds we've been running at Richmond for the past several seasons"..and down below "this is the first time we have run either of these two tire codes". I'm betting even harder tires.

It seems like Goodyear continues to move in the wrong direction..night race, higher downforce, less tire wear...hmm lets use the same tire we have used for years..but pssst we will tell them they have a different code, they won't notice. :D

I went to the race that Kurt Busch won in 2015 and had cold passes. Halfway decent race, and a great crowd considering it was a rainout. Wanna get back there someday soon to see the renovations. Maybe next spring.

It seems like Goodyear continues to move in the wrong direction..night race, higher downforce, less tire wear...hmm lets use the same tire we have used for years..but pssst we will tell them they have a different code, they won't notice. :D

Whoa! Hey! You were pretty hard on my driver when he was critical of Goodyear, and now this? C'mon man.

We need another Bowyer incident for 16th-18th in points? Maybe NASCAR can spin it as a positive PR move like they do all their changes and go back to the Winston Cup style points? Wishful thinking huh?

It's crooked again, Oh well It's readable.

Entry List

65th Annual Toyota Owners 400 - Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series - Richmond Raceway - 4/13/19

upload_2019-4-10_10-2-30.png

Richmond and New Hampshire are at the bottom of the list for me in terms of favorite tracks, but this season they're towards the top because of the 1.5 racing. Bring it on!

I've never cared for New Hampshire, but Richmond used to be one of the better tracks on the schedule IMO. But it hasn't been that great lately, and I'm not sure why exactly.

AdoubleU24 and Thegeneral --- it would be best if you transact ticket info by private message.
The terms of service and rules clearly states this is NOT the place to sell tickets.
I mean...I told him to message me, so I feel like we got it handled.

"The tires this weekend feature the same compounds we've been running at Richmond for the past several seasons"..and down below "this is the first time we have run either of these two tire codes". I'm betting even harder tires.
"Tracks like Atlanta, Fontana and Richmond still wear tires" I dont see that changing this weekend. New tire code could be same rubber compound but stiffer side wall.

Goodyear goes from the high D/F package to the lower and they say because of the higher speeds involved we decided to us the same tire code for the race at so in so. They go to this package from the low d/f high speed package and they say because of the high d/f and faster turn speed we are using the same tire as we did the the high speed low d/f package. The whole time with all of the packages, teams are able to run the lefts thru the first two stages if they need too, and the final longer stages are able to 1 pit and one splash n go, and hardly anybody gets 4 tires the last stop of the day and tries the 4 fresh ones strategy. Goodyear warns them not to start out on low pressure, and that doesn't matter, the teams do it anyway, a bunch of wrinkle walls out there coming out of the pits and the tire holds up anyway. Other series have a soft tire that falls off like crazy and have for years. They aren't Goodyear's though.

Goodyear goes from the high D/F package to the lower and they say because of the higher speeds involved we decided to us the same tire code for the race at so in so. They go to this package from the low d/f high speed package and they say because of the high d/f and faster turn speed we are using the same tire as we did the the high speed low d/f package. The whole time with all of the packages, teams are able to run the lefts thru the first two stages if they need too, and the final longer stages are able to 1 pit and one splash n go, and hardly anybody gets 4 tires the last stop of the day and tries the 4 fresh ones strategy. Goodyear warns them not to start out on low pressure, and that doesn't matter, the teams do it anyway, a bunch of wrinkle walls out there coming out of the pits and the tire holds up anyway. Other series have a soft tire that falls off like crazy and have for years. They aren't Goodyear's though.
Dont think anyone went with less then 4 at Atlanta or Fontana. Richmond is really wearing out so even with this package I see some pretty strong tire wear but I agree, I'd try to come up with something that has about a second fall off through a 40 lap run. Not to mention with a different side wall you are looking at an entirely different setup , spring, shock, sway etc....

No tire wear will help at the 1.5ers where there's only one groove so they can draft, but it really hurts the short tracks. I remember not too long ago Hamlin came from 10th to win on a green white checker finish at Martinsville because he had new tires and this year they meant nothing. Same with Bristol, made that race very anticlimactic even though it was great up until the end.

I've never cared for New Hampshire, but Richmond used to be one of the better tracks on the schedule IMO. But it hasn't been that great lately, and I'm not sure why exactly.

Since the 2014 spring night race and the good racing for the 2016 day race, Richmond has lacked.

Why doesn't NASCAR embrace "boys have at it" like 2009-2011?

Why doesn't NASCAR embrace "boys have at it" like 2009-2011?
Actually the word boys back then meant men. Now the word boys would be literal and some of them may just decide to pull a Burton and swing their purse.

boys have at it, lets see how long ya sit there doing nothing. :dunce::punkrocke

The floggings will continue until morale improves
This is not a permanent change to qualifying, as discussions are continuing to take place regarding the qualifying format for NASCAR’s top series. The format for NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Richmond is unchanged.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...ed-rounds-for-richmond-cup-series-qualifying/

Back
Top Bottom