2019 United States Grand Prix

At least the two contenders settled it on the track. Botas lost the championship, but went down swinging, and Hamilton lost the race going down swinging.There's a lot of poetic justice right there.

Bottas is a good, solid driver that is probably better than 60-70% of the drivers in F1 right now but he just doesn't strike me as championship material. The guy almost lost a race to a guy with 40 laps old tires.

Bottas drove a great race yesterday, this has been a career year for him. I wonder if he can continue this upswing in momentum? If, he can somehow win the last two races, I'd watch out for him next season.

Bottas is a good, solid driver that is probably better than 60-70% of the drivers in F1 right now but he just doesn't strike me as championship material.

None of them will look like championship material as long as Hamilton is around. He's won races when he didn't have the fastest car and he even won with a heavily damaged car in Mexico. At this point it's not fair to compare any of them to Hamilton because he is clearly on another level. It might be boring, but it's level of greatness we will look back on the same way we do with drivers like Jackie Stewart.

I agree Botas is one of the best of the rest. On his day he can beat Hamilton in a straight fight, and there's not many guys like that.

I was surprised that after 5 laps the 10th place car was 10 seconds off the pace and after 10 laps the 5th place car was 10 seconds off the pace.

Oh, hw aouho
I was surprised that after 5 laps the 10th place car was 10 seconds off the pace and after 10 laps the 5th place car was 10 seconds off the pace.

That was made worse by Albon having to pit for repairs because he was fast enough to hang with the lead battle. It was also made to look worse because the Ferraris fell out of the fight, like instantly Vettel sank backwards through the field like a rock. They simply rolled over and died.

I think one of the Mclarens got rammed too, so the tail of the lead cars and the first of the midfield all got delayed. Guy were running or being pushed off thec everywhere, and that gave the lead cars clear sailing.

If you look a the end of the race, the first three cars were all in picture, and that's with no safety cars. Over a full race distance, that's pretty remarkable. The big problem, for a multitude of reasons, no one can pass anyone, so they just stack up behind each other and you have something that sort of looks like a close race.

The 2020 car looks pretty good, but there are still too many turbulence stick ons. They need to get rid of all that crap. I think have of the pieces we see on the cars now are expressly designed to screw up the air to the car behind.

Back
Top Bottom