Contributor
THE RACE: Go Bowling At The Glen Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK: Watkins Glen International

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #22 of 36

Date: Sunday Aug 4th, 2019, Watkins Glen NY

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:15 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Cup on Sun and Xfinity on Sat. at Watkins Glen , Trucks at Eldora Thur.

TV SCHEDULE

Thursday, Aug. 1

7 p.m., Gander Outdoors Truck Series Eldora Dirt Derby qualifying, FS1/FOX Sports App
8:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Eldora, FS1/FOX Sports App
9 p.m., Gander Outdoors Truck Series Eldora Dirt Derby, FS1/FOX Sports App

Saturday, Aug. 3
10:30 a.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series opening practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green: Watkins Glen, NBC/NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Zippo 200 at The Glen, NBC/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show: Watkins Glen, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Sunday, Aug. 4
2:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Watkins Glen, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Go Bowling at The Glen, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Last edited:
Entry list for Watkins Glenn

EArAv2iUwAAu4Bc.jpg:large

What happened to that fuel and tires guy who was lobbying for bowling as an Olympic sport?

I’ll be there for the 2nd straight year

Hey 88, heading up Sunday for the day with my wife and son. Never been before and I may go up without tickets. Any advice where to set up shop? Seems reserved seats are only slightly more than GA. And where to park...Thanks in advance. Open to buying tickets beforehand too, doesn't matter that much (or does it?) We're just kinda winging it to spend a day out and see a new track for all of us. Seems they have a nice discount for teenage kids too, which applies here.

Hey 88, heading up Sunday for the day with my wife and son. Never been before and I may go up without tickets. Any advice where to set up shop? Seems reserved seats are only slightly more than GA. And where to park...Thanks in advance. Open to buying tickets beforehand too, doesn't matter that much (or does it?) We're just kinda winging it to spend a day out and see a new track for all of us. Seems they have a nice discount for teenage kids too, which applies here.
I've never seen the place, but if reserved seats are only slightly more than GA, I'd get the reserved. Just because you have them doesn't mean you can't move around if you want to, and it might be nice to know you have a place to sit for while if the urge strikes.

Just one idjit's opinion.

Reactions: Bob
Been to the town, know how to get there. Track noob.

Absolutely love this race/track! Good chance I attend next year since I'm losing the late July Pocono event. Attending a race at the Glen has been high on my bucket list for years....

Reactions: Bob
Absolutely love this race/track! Good chance I attend next year since I'm losing the late July Pocono event. Attending a race at the Glen has been high on my bucket list for years....

I may bore thousands with a wrapup Sunday night or Monday. Back in the heyday I was not a fan of this track but it has become compelling TV. It's a balls-out grind, if there can be such a thing. Not for the squeamish.

Ambrose

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Labonte wrecker for no reason. One guy I never would root for. Not that I hold a grudge or anything. :D I'd rather be a Said-Head.

Watching the 1988 race now and came across and interesting nugget...

Rusty's and Terry Labonte's (Junior Johnson) hired/paid Pattie Moise and Hershel McGriff to scuff up tires during the race. This was during the '88 tire wars and Goodyear felt their tires performed better at the Glen if they were scuffed.

People would lose their mind if the field fillers of this era did this.

What happened to that fuel and tires guy who was lobbying for bowling as an Olympic sport?

His obsession with short pitting, among other things, was entertaining.

It's too bad we lost the majority of his posts with the forum crash a few years back. I'll never forget the time he said he enjoys slamming the brakes on the highway and watching other motorists try to dodge him, or the time he complained that racers with long legs such as Brian Scott (lol) had an unfair competitive advantage.

His obsession with short pitting, among other things, was entertaining.

It's too bad we lost the majority of his posts with the forum crash a few years back. I'll never forget the time he said he enjoys slamming the brakes on the highway and watching other motorists try to dodge him, or the time he complained that racers with long legs such as Brian Scott (lol) had an unfair competitive advantage.

I dont remember the poster but I wish short pitting and tire management and the required compromises were a reality.
It makes closing speeds and passing more of a norm, and it is the best way to compensate for or offset aero push/clean air issues, imo.

Why is Houff in the 15 & Sorenson in the 77? I'm not understanding that. Would have thought it would have been a little easier just to move Reed to the 15 if Ross isn't there & the 27 isn't showing up.

I love the Jackie Stewart Stand, which isn't GA. Looking at the GA sections, the ones next to the Esses stand could be good. I sit in the Argetsinger stand on Sunday which i really like, so the Esses GA could be good. The other GA, Turn 11 at least for me doesn't like that good, but i can't really say since that was one was the spot i didn't venture towards last year. Parking wise we parked behind Argetsinger and Seneca all 3 days and had no trouble getting out. Saying that, you'll love this track. Probably one of my favorite tracks i have been to, and anyone that hasn't been should go

Watching the 1988 race now and came across and interesting nugget...

Rusty's and Terry Labonte's (Junior Johnson) hired/paid Pattie Moise and Hershel McGriff to scuff up tires during the race. This was during the '88 tire wars and Goodyear felt their tires performed better at the Glen if they were scuffed.

People would lose their mind if the field fillers of this era did this.

I saw Terry Labonte doing that for Hendrick Motorsports at Chicagoland in either '05 or '06.

We couldn't figure out why he kept pitting for tires so frequently until we realized that he must be just scuffing them up for the other Hendrick cars.

You don’t see that much anymore. Obviously there’s no longer any advantage or they’d still be doing it.
Stickers are better most of the time.

Scuffs with one heat cycle in them wear a bit more slowly. A bit. Not sure but I don’t think you can use tires that have been on another car.

I saw Terry Labonte doing that for Hendrick Motorsports at Chicagoland in either '05 or '06.

We couldn't figure out why he kept pitting for tires so frequently until we realized that he must be just scuffing them up for the other Hendrick cars.

Was this the 44 R&D car?

Complete crap race. Oiled track. 18 got screwed....revisionist history. Thought maybe NASCAR would go down the path of oiling the tracks for entertainment purposes after that garbage (think anti-PJ1). I'm over it thought....can't you tell? :D

Complete crap race. Oiled track. 18 got screwed....revisionist history. Thought maybe NASCAR would go down the path of oiling the tracks for entertainment purposes after that garbage (think anti-PJ1). I'm over it thought....can't you tell? :D
The only thing that was oily were #18 fan’s faces after all those tears :D

Back
Top Bottom