2019 Womens World Cup

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
Want soccer where the US is good? Then the women world cup is for you. US women currently crushing Thailand in their first match 8-0

11-0 ties largest margin in World Cup history

12-0 Alex Morgan with 5 goals

Joke.

I dont necessarily have a problem with scoring that much but they were celebrating the double digit goals like they were game winners.

I have gotten to watch a decent amount so far.

GO CANADA!

I bought FIFA 19 last weekend, and a bunch of these women's international teams are in the game, so I've been casually paying attention to this.

Joke.

I dont necessarily have a problem with scoring that much but they were celebrating the double digit goals like they were game winners.

Okay, so I don't really follow soccer, I'm not familiar with whatever etiquette goes into it, and I'm very late here, but I didn't have a problem with this at all. The scoring, the celebrating - none of it. I heard some folks getting upset about it, like the one analyst in this video who said they should have pulled it back, and I just laughed and shook my head. Like, bruh, I'd be celebrating like crazy too if I was involved in scoring 13 goals in a World Cup match. Are you kidding me? I mean, that's just not a thing that ever happens.

Pull it back? Heck no. This is a competition, and everyone's there to win it. They left it all out there on the field. At the end of the game, there were handshakes, hugs, and surely some words of encouragement. That's all that matters.

I bought FIFA 19 last weekend, and a bunch of these women's international teams are in the game, so I've been casually paying attention to this.

Okay, so I don't really follow soccer, I'm not familiar with whatever etiquette goes into it, and I'm very late here, but I didn't have a problem with this at all. The scoring, the celebrating - none of it. I heard some folks getting upset about it, like the one analyst in this video who said they should have pulled it back, and I just laughed and shook my head. Like, bruh, I'd be celebrating like crazy too if I was involved in scoring 13 goals in a World Cup match. Are you kidding me? I mean, that's just not a thing that ever happens.

Pull it back? Heck no. This is a competition, and everyone's there to win it. They left it all out there on the field. At the end of the game, there were handshakes, hugs, and surely some words of encouragement. That's all that matters.

In a sport that uses goal differential as a way to break ties in standings there is no such thing as running up the score because it can help you down the road.

That was jolly good entertainment. Cant wait for the final on Sunday morning.

I was wondering what Morgan was doing. Kind of looked like she was taking a toke.
A tea cup sip makes sense.

She ain't right, man! :lol2:

so-disrespectful-460x259.jpg

0-0 start of 2nd half

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL! RAPINOE SCORES ON THE PK!!!!!

I was looking to see what legal streams were available for this match, and I ended up just signing up for a five day free PS Vue trial and watching it on FOX. I tuned in just in time to see the second half, and it was super fun to watch. USA! USA! USA! :salute:

WWC_2019-624x351.png

USA! USA! USA!

Very exciting to watch this tournament. The Dutch team was very tough. They play like honey badgers. But the USA was better, applying relentless pressure.

I don't understand the common complaint among American sports fans that soccer is boring, lacks action. To me, most soccer games feature constant tension, constant action. And the competitive balance can swing in a heartbeat. Great stuff.

USA! USA! USA!

Very exciting to watch this tournament. The Dutch team was very tough. They play like honey badgers. But the USA was better, applying relentless pressure.

I don't understand the common complaint among American sports fans that soccer is boring, lacks action. To me, most soccer games feature constant tension, constant action. And the competitive balance can swing in a heartbeat. Great stuff.
As a live long soccer lover the biggest thing i find that makes people in north america complain is that games commonly end 1-0, 1-1, 2-0 etc.
They equate low scoring to being "boring"

What makes Alex Morgan a better soccer player than Megan Rapinoe? I'm just curious because ESPN gave her the best female athlete and I legitimately want to know what makes her better than Megan given I'm not a big soccer expert.

Back
Top Bottom