2019 Xfinity and the Gander Truck Schedules

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
https://www.nascar.com/nascar-xfinity-series/2019/schedule/
https://www.nascar.com/nascar-gander-outdoors-truck-series/2019/schedule/

The race weekend for the Gander Outdoors Truck Series event at Eldora Speedway is moved to later in the season, set to run on Thurs., Aug. 1. One of the series’ races at Texas will also be moved from November to Friday, March 29, shortening the long spring break for the Gander Outdoors Truck Series. The rest of the schedule closely mirrors the 2018 lineup for both series

Well, Gander's investment is already paying off. I'd never heard of them before this discussion.
Camping World bought out Ganders Outdoors, so it really is the same owner sponsoring the trucks, just using his other business.

Bass Pro Shop, another big sponsor in Nascar bought out Cabela's recently, another sporting goods outfit.

We had a Gander Mountain here in Wichita, but it closed down. I guess sometime this year, it's suppose to reopen as Gander Outdoors. I'm assuming Gander Mountain and Gander Outdoors will sell the exact same stuff.

We had a Gander Mountain here in Wichita, but it closed down. I guess sometime this year, it's suppose to reopen as Gander Outdoors. I'm assuming Gander Mountain and Gander Outdoors will sell the exact same stuff.

Yep, same here in west Columbus. Closed down last year. Everything in there was ridiculously overpriced anyway

Got to pay for the good stuff, and they have it all at Bass Pro's, I don't know about the Ganders but Cabela's had a big one in Iowa off of 80 with truck parking. I always stopped there to eat, and tried my best to stay away from the gun department.

It's a bummer man the Truck Series has such a cool opportunity to return to a lot of local short tracks and really be the Grassroots National touring series that could breathe some life back into the sport if only the sanctioning fee wasn't so ****** high.

Exactly my point that if we had more Standalone races we'd have higher truck counts. 4 or so a year aint cuttin it chief.

you haven't been paying attention, since they went to a spec motor, truck counts and different players have been joining the ranks.

No Ganders out here, but we do have BPS and Cab's, we have one BPS that I know of, and its on the other side of town , so I have never made the 40 minute trip to go to store that I know I wasnt going to buy anything from when I can drive 15 minutes to the Cab's and purchase their overpriced stuff :lol2:

you haven't been paying attention, since they went to a spec motor, truck counts and different players have been joining the ranks.
No doubt that helps but there are a decent amount of tracks with a lot of character, history and a high concentration of fans that would sell out for a truck race that can't afford the current nascar sanctioning fee.

No Ganders out here, but we do have BPS and Cab's, we have one BPS that I know of, and its on the other side of town , so I have never made the 40 minute trip to go to store that I know I wasnt going to buy anything from when I can drive 15 minutes to the Cab's and purchase their overpriced stuff :lol2:
I don't think there's one of either within 90 miles of me, although there's a Sportsman's Warehouse about 20 minutes away. Then again, I'm not in the market for most of what they sell. That's probably why I'd never heard of Gander, now that I think about it. I hadn't heard of Cabela's until four or five years ago.

No doubt that helps but there are a decent amount of tracks with a lot of character, history and a high concentration of fans that would sell out for a truck race that can't afford the current nascar sanctioning fee.
Really? Is that the problem Andy Hillenberg had at Rockingham? I thought the problem might have been that "The Rock" is short on character and history.

Really? Is that the problem Andy Hillenberg had at Rockingham? I thought the problem might have been that "The Rock" is short on character and history.
I could only put my one butt in one seat, one race at a time.

In sky's defense, the great metropolitan Rockingham statistical area hardly had a 'high concentration of fans' left when Andy took over.

The "racefans" were too busy blowing a lot of complaining smoke about The Rock closing to buy tickets for the races Andy ran there ... so he shut down and declared bankruptcy. Character most certainly played a part in all of that.

For those interested, it's approx 285 kilometers from Gander, Nfld. to Dildo, Nfld.

That doesn't guarantee the new contracts will be any 'better'.
Correct. Not to mention, the "old contracts" will remain the "operative contracts" for 2020. Perhaps Andy will explain why he is looking forward to 2020....

Correct. Not to mention, the "old contracts" will remain the "operative contracts" for 2020. Perhaps Andy will explain why he is looking forward to 2020....
I think he's anticipating a shift back to the short tracks for a few more of the truck races. I think it would be a great idea.

I think he's anticipating a shift back to the short tracks for a few more of the truck races. I think it would be a great idea.
I'd like to anticipate that, but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that will happen. I don't have the connections some of y'all do; if you know something you can post that indicates the series will move in that direction, I'd appreciate the info.

I'd like to anticipate that, but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that will happen. I don't have the connections some of y'all do; if you know something you can post that indicates the series will move in that direction, I'd appreciate the info.
I honestly dont have any inside info BUT NASCAR is going to have to go back and plant some seeds to continue growth and that can be done at a lot of strategically placed short tracks around the Country. They are trying to save the Truck guys money and racing at the smaller tracks requires less of it, especially with 1 day shows and limited travel. I could imagine Myrtle Beach Speedway with a Truck Race on a Saturday. Practice, qualify and race like they used to do the Xfinity series here. TV revenue is better today then the last time they went to these tracks and they could also drop the sanction fee and use a bidding system to tracks interested in hosting.

As long as the TV contracts go till 2024 and the tracks get 65% of the money. Nascar/ISC/France will never schedule races at tracks they don't own.
Maybe the TV networks don't want to spend the money either to move in the equipment to a track without being there for a cup race.
It does make sense to have more short tracks and grow the sport, but probably won't happen because money guides the ship.

As long as the TV contracts go till 2024 and the tracks get 65% of the money. Nascar/ISC/France will never schedule races at tracks they don't own.
Maybe the TV networks don't want to spend the money either to move in the equipment to a track without being there for a cup race.
It does make sense to have more short tracks and grow the sport, but probably won't happen because money guides the ship.

Unless NBC buys NASCAR.

That one went completely over my head. Can I assume people who look at MSNBC will understand it? I'm an NPR guy.

Back
Top Bottom