2020 Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 - Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
It’s the end of the west coast swing and now out to Atlanta back to a more traditional spring date.
1017355821-lat-20190224-19atl1mt1590.jpg

Sunday March 15 - 2:00 PM EST (FOX/PRN/Sirius XM)
Laps : 325 (105/105/115)
Saturday March 14th
Cup Qualifying- 12:30 PM
Truck Race - 1:30 PM
Xfinity Race - 4:00 PM
https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2020/02/25/Atlanta.pdf

I mean I did say Poole would have the best rookie year...and he is beating Bell so far.

Just goes to show you have tough the cup series is. Christopher Bell is probably one of the best drivers in America, and yet has really struggled this season. I know it’s early but whoa does he look like a rookie

I suspect they'll either race to halfway or have to run it in chunks.

Hey, NASCAR, here's an idea. If it looks like it's going to start raining heavily just after a stage break, why not throw the red then? Just a suggestion from the cheap seats.

This is definitely a fluid situation. I can't believe how much changed in the sports world (world in general) since I woke up this morning. They stopped an NBA game right before tip-off, fans in the stands, and postponed it. If you're planning on attending definitely keeping checking the status as we get later in the week.

The one unique thing about NASCAR is all the sponsors. If those folks get nervous about having their name associated with the race given what's going on they'll have a say....

Last edited:
It’s Wednesday.

By Friday, I will be very surprised if NASCAR and the racetrack are still planning to run this event in the normal manner.

The outdoor sports have been fortunate. The open air nature of attending a nascar race may be enough to protect it. The only closure for that so far is Washington state where the governor has banned gatherings of 250 people or more. Hopefully that remains an isolated action. Hopefully....

The outdoor sports have been fortunate. The open air nature of attending a nascar race may be enough to protect it. The only closure for that so far is Washington state where the governor has banned gatherings of 250 people or more. Hopefully that remains an isolated action. Hopefully....
Also, I hope they are testing on-site to the teams, facility personnel, media members, etc. Everyone who is apart of the travel should be tested. If NASCAR decides to continue with the schedule, I doubt it will continue to to push on, but who knows?

I just want everyone to be safe in the end. I'm still pumped with NASCAR, IndyCar, and F1 are all continuing this week.

AMS offered open garage passes for Saturday as a selling point for part of their top tier ticket package this weekend. Have to imagine those are getting revoked.

Homestead has been postponed.

Enjoy Atlanta, it may be the last race for a while.

Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
45 mins ·
Statement from NASCAR: “At this time, NASCAR will hold its race events at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway without fans in attendance. These events will be restricted to competitors, crews, officials and other necessary personnel to conduct the race. We will work with public health officials as we determine future scheduling beyond these events.”

Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
45 mins ·
Statement from NASCAR: “At this time, NASCAR will hold its race events at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway without fans in attendance. These events will be restricted to competitors, crews, officials and other necessary personnel to conduct the race. We will work with public health officials as we determine future scheduling beyond these events.”
Good thing the timing is off by 2 weeks. Imagine if I'd flown up to Fontana to have my ticket cancelled. :eek:

Well this just flat out sucks. Now comes the pain of getting my money back from the hotel I booked.

Back
Top Bottom