2020 Hall of Fame

Very happy for all, but special mention!!! and yes. I am old.

Red Farmer.jpg

Just read it:

So cool to see Dale going in. The guy put the sport on his shoulders with Jeff Gordon after it's biggest star died, and that star was his father. I think he's in the same realm as Arnold Palmer where he didn't have the extreme top level success, but was a great champion and even better ambassador of the sport

I’m so happy Jr made it, it’s like all his fans were on the journey with him. I’ve been a fan of his since I was in 6th grade, 1997. JG was always my guy, but I low key cheered for Jr....that 2001 win in the Pepsi 400 my entire family and friends we had over for July4th ish BBQ EVERYONE cheered for him. I’m sure people are going to crap on this nomination but I’m one happy fan. So excited for him, I wish his dad was here to see it.

Oh wow I'm so shocked the most popular driver of all time made it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(For the record, yes, I do think he deserves it on merit.)

Need more time between when a driver does retire to going into the hall of fame. Three years isn't long enough as we see Dale Jr. still running an Xfinity race here and there.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Gordon's induction a couple years ago, but I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be to get a ticket to this one. Hopefully they allow for more room for all the fans Dale had. Heck, hopefully they can even host them when the time comes. Glad he got in.

No fewer than nine current Hall of Famers won races in cars Smokey built and/or owned.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dale Jr. a lot, he is and has been good for the sport and I really try most of the time not to be a negative Nancy, but, as far as Jr. getting in this quick and the fact he just ran an Exfinity race, which means he is still racing, along with the fact he did not have a stellar career, by any means. I think it is way to early for him to even be in the consideration mix for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame. JMHO. :booya:

Don't get me wrong, I like Dale Jr. a lot, he is and has been good for the sport and I really try most of the time not to be a negative Nancy, but, as far as Jr. getting in this quick and the fact he just ran an Exfinity race, which means he is still racing, along with the fact he did not have a stellar career, by any means. I think it is way to early for him to even be in the consideration mix for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame. JMHO. :booya:
If a driver's record was the only criteria, I'd agree. Jr's influence as an ambassador and historian of the sport are at least as important as his on-track accomplishments. Let's also not overlook his accomplishments as an owner.

Ralph sells a lot of tickets.

This will kick The Hall closer to break-even.

His accomplishments include

50 total wins in nascar as a driver
2 championships
47 wins as an owner
3 championships as an owner

I think he could have waited a few years to go in but he definitely deserves to be in.

I think nascar has it backwards. should be 1 from the modern era and two old timers.

2 championships
47 wins as an owner

I think he could have waited a few years to go in but he definitely deserves to be in.

I think nascar has it backwards. should be 1 from the modern era and two old timers.

Actually 5 as an owner.

Don’t forgot the 2 with his first team he owned and had MTJ as a driver.

2 championships
47 wins as an owner

Also throw in his however many most popular driver awards, broadcasting of races and his very popular racing podcast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom