2021 DryDene 400 Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time to head to Dover for unfortunate the only time this year plus the 750 horsepower package is back for Dover. Will be there Saturday and Sunday and I can’t wait!
1620651869009.jpeg

Friday - ARCA - 5 PM (MRN)
Saturday - Xfinity - 1:30 PM (FS1)
Sunday - Cup - 2:00 PM (FS1)

Is Dover only having the spring race this year? No fall playoff race anymore?

Dover owns Nashville that's where the date went
ah I probably knew that at some point. Hate that Dover loses a race, while not always one of my favorite races on the schedule I did like the uniqueness of the track

My hats off to MTJ for an awesome dominating win yesterday. The best car definitely won. Larson didn't really have a car to beat MTJ but he he did all he could do with it. He had to use it up to even get close to MTJ. Even if he had not had a speeding penalty I don't think he had enough to win. But, the 5 team has been the best of the HMS teams so far this season with the 24 team being the the second best team. The 9 team has been pretty stale so far this season and the 48 team just can't shake the bad luck bug they are having even though some of it was due to there own doing that put them in a bad position to start with.

Worst track on the calendar in my opinion. The 750 HP/low downforce produces terrible racing here.

Ill be in the house for the Cup race, cant wait!

Last time I went to Dover the 22 had a broken axel during the pace laps and missed the first 20 laps. I cried (lol not really), everyone else cheered and Larson dominated. Good times.
I was there too. Only time I've seen my driver win in person and I've been to 25 races.

And an interesting fact, I went to 7 Dover races between 2004 and 2019 and never saw Jimmie win there... crazy to me since he won so much there in that span.

What is worrisome, the account has the blue check mark
I might be worried if Twitter was my only source of information. Since I'd heard this from three separate sources before reading the tweet here, I see nothing worrisome.

Nascar probably won't change their policy yet for Dover as this is just out.

Fully vaccinated people could stop taking these measures two weeks after the second vaccination. Very common knowledge if you followed the science. Nice of the CDC to finally catch up though. Regardless of the CDC guidance, private entities like NASCAR can make their own policies for any given topic. If I want to be a patron, I will follow their rules.

I might be worried if Twitter was my only source of information. Since I'd heard this from three separate sources before reading the tweet here, I see nothing worrisome.
But it was a lie. That's the problem. On the other hand, I think race fans are smart enough to check for a collaborating story

Fully vaccinated people could stop taking these measures two weeks after the second vaccination. Very common knowledge if you followed the science. Nice of the CDC to finally catch up though. Regardless of the CDC guidance, private entities like NASCAR can make their own policies for any given topic. If I want to be a patron, I will follow their rules.
Tomorrow you can get a COVID shot at Talladega then drive your personal vehicle around the track. 2 laps.

Great idea.

Tomorrow you can get a COVID shot at Talladega then drive your personal vehicle around the track. 2 laps.

Great idea.
Love this idea...and there are so many others....a minor league park near me is running limited capacity, BUT if you are vaccinated, you get a box seat for the price of a bleacher. If you get stuck for the first time, you go from bleacher to reserved. If you don't get stuck....your choice, but enjoy the bleacher. I think that free beer should be added somewhere in there as an incentive.

Great idea.
I think they should do it again in two weeks for those who do it, and allow tandem racing two weeks after that! All kinds of potential here!

Back
Top Bottom