2021 Folds of Honor Quiktrip 500 Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time for the first of two races this year at Atlanta for the first time since 2010. All three series are back and the worn out surface should make for some good racing
1615810504197.jpeg

Saturday - Truck (FS1) - 2:30 PM
Saturday - Xfinity (FS1) - 5:00 PM
Sunday - Cup (FOX) - 3:00 PM

This is one track like Homestead that needs the 750 hp and lower downforce.

Anyways, its one of my favorites on the schedule. I see Atlanta as the Sebring of ovals, the drivers don't want to pave it and sealer all over the place. It eats up tires and encourages drivers to really be mindful of throttle application.

One of the last true endurance races on the schedule...500 miles, abrasive track, huuuuuge fall-off in lap times from the first lap of the run compared to the 50th.

The 3:18et start is interesting. Even with the time change it should end in twilight or early evening.

I see the Zzzquil 500 is today. Haha 100% chance of me napping today watching this

Cindric also said he picked this race for his limited schedule. I like that, he wants the challenge.

Hill's bunch failed three times. That can't be from trying to cheat em up. The rules have been tightened and it's pretty technical to even get one thru tech cleanly

Eh. Starting from the rear isn't the handicap it used to be, back before regular comp cautions and stage breaks became things, esp. not for top-tier teams.
Yeah, it's pretty big when it happens late in the race when nobody is giving an inch but that is about it most of the time

There’s a Hawkeye rig in the HMS shop.

Color-coordinated with the 8 post shaker, the 7 post shaker, 6 pull-down rigs, the chassis dyno and the Vehicle Inertial Measurement Machine.

So, yeah ... their ability to pass inspection is severely limited.

Back
Top Bottom