2021 Hungarian Grand Prix

What a nutty year. Mercedes were actually impressive right off the trailer in Hungary while the temperature were through the roofs.

I am stunned.

But he got fired at least.

Red Bull rn:
E6DEyjZXEAApVMu.jpeg

All Botas has to do is hang on to second place at the start and this becomes a Red Bull nightmare.

More excuses from Horner............

Horner responds to Hamilton ‘gamesmanship’ (msn.com)

Max got his lap in anyway and Perez wasn't going to go faster than Max. It's all moaning after the fact.

Just concentrate on what you are doing. Such intense focus on Hamilton isn't going to help anyone but him. The again, Horner will seize on anything he can to complain about, and that's not going to help Max go into the race any calmer.

Red Bull could very well win the race depending on how tire wear plays out, but looking at things from the outside, it looks like they are so wound up they are coming apart at the seams. As long as Max and the crew don't pay attention to all of this, they will probably be ok, but Horner has new inflammatory smack every day.

Makes you wonder where "shut up and race" went to, doesn't it?

I would like to see a Bottas win tomorrow.

Same.

This is his last year with the team most likely. Let’s all hope he doesn’t have one of his Bottas starts per par.

More excuses from Horner............

Horner responds to Hamilton ‘gamesmanship’ (msn.com)

Max got his lap in anyway and Perez wasn't going to go faster than Max. It's all moaning after the fact.

Just concentrate on what you are doing. Such intense focus on Hamilton isn't going to help anyone but him. The again, Horner will seize on anything he can to complain about, and that's not going to help Max go into the race any calmer.

Red Bull could very well win the race depending on how tire wear plays out, but looking at things from the outside, it looks like they are so wound up they are coming apart at the seams. As long as Max and the crew don't pay attention to all of this, they will probably be ok, but Horner has new inflammatory smack every day.

Makes you wonder where "shut up and race" went to, doesn't it?

Horner has earned the Karen of F1 nickname.

Imagine thinking someone is going to risk a penalty for playing games on pit lane.

It was a bad sign for RB when Mercedes unloaded quickest off the truck.

At least Checo is 4th right behind Max so this is still a race.
Being Max's teammate has to be taxing.

Checo isn't doing bad, but he's always been a Sunday type of guy. Just he's been fighting with the setup all weekend, he had a fistful of understeer very often.

Being Max's teammate has to be taxing.

Checo isn't doing bad, but he's always been a Sunday type of guy. Just he's been fighting with the setup all weekend, he had a fistful of understeer very often.

I hadn’t realized both of them got their fastest lap on the softs so they will start on those while the Mercs will on the mediums. Red Bull messed up.

Do or die at the start.

I hadn’t realized both of them got their fastest lap on the softs so they will start on those while the Mercs will on the mediums. Red Bull messed up.

Do or die at the start.
I knew they were in trouble when I saw both Mercs were in 6th and 8th, respectively, on their Q2 lap on the mediums.

Max and Checo will be starting on the dirty side of the grid, too. They have to get off to a good launch or RBR will have to strategize this to perfection.

I expect Merc will try to go with a one-stop strat, while RBR will make the most of a two-stop strat.

Game on.

Don't worry about Max. He's not wound up or anything.

Verstappen angered by question about how he will race Hamilton | RACER

Of course he might find a way to have this motive him, and he might just make it work. I dunno know, though. Hard to imagine driving an F1 car competitively and safely when you're this cranked up.

This has been coming for a lot of years. It's just never happened with the title protagonist since Senna. No one would complain about Schumacher because they were all terrified of him, but every bit of this has it's roots in the Prost/Senna feud, where the FIA let them get away with next to murder. Chop, block, swerve, run the other guy off the road......it's all been done before and no one cared. Now it's a safety issue, even if drivers trying to kill each other was sort of excused as "racing,"

If that's the case, Hamilton and Max crashing is just another day, so why all the fuss?

The world changed with the carbon fiber tub. Now the cars are so safe no one is afraid any more, which makes them stupid. It's didn't take long to completely forget about Jules Bianchi, and go back to slicing each other up. They were doing it the weekend after he died and had a moment of silence for the guy at Hungary. "OK, he's dead. Forget about it and let's go chop block and swerve on each other.|

You know, everyone speeded under yellow, but even the FIA didn't see it as a problem until they got bad press, and then they had to crack down on it, just to appear they were all safety conscious and all.

I'm not saying the FIA doesn't care about safety, but the hypocrisy is breathtaking. They worry about dumb things like racing accidents where no one is at fault, and then turn a blind eye to Magnussen taking out LeClerc (Japan a few years ago). That could have killed them both and maybe sent a car flying into the pit, but Magnussen supposedly moved first (even though this is not in the rules), so for them it's ok to tear up four or five million dollars on a straight where they are supposed to be going, well, straight, not to even mention all those unprotected people in the pits.

There's simply no consistency in how they approach safety. Maybe their idea of safety is to make the cars as safe as possible, emasculate all the world's great circuits, and then let them try to kill each other. You can't fake entertainment, and this week's ratings will reflect that.

Back when you could get really hurt and death was a two or three times per year kind of thing, drivers raced like they cared about each other and raced like they wanted to be raced. That's the fair way to do it, but that's way in the past.

Indycar, by contrast has an even safer car with the aero screen, but they don't tolerate and of this stuff. You reactive block, and you get a drive through. Formula One could actually follow their own rules and have the same kind of thing, but they cling to that stupid "one move" rule that almost almost ends up with two or three moves.

I don't think there is a lot of point in improving safety if the drivers can still pull all these dirty tricks and the officials look the other way. They may as well put the grass back in, take off the halos, and maybe put a few trees in front of the guardrails. Take out the fuel cells too. We would certainly see some cleaner racing.

Well, being the worst team on the grid, what's he going say? I didn't hear this kind of complaining when Grosjean and Magnussen were tearing up stuff as fast as Haas could make it.

I believe Mazepin has only had one really big one, but that was at Imola and wasn't even his fault. He actually has not been that bad except for maybe being slower than Mick, but I believe he beat him last week.

In fact, I don't think Haas has had a really big one outside of that. The drivers have really done ok considering what they have to work with. At least neither has fook smashed Gunter's door.

I don't think this is going to set Mick back. He has that Ferrari contract as good as in his pocket. Give him a few years of tearing up Haas' clunkers and he will be ready. Mazepin has enough money to go wherever he wants, but everyone seems to hate him for reasons I don't understand. Mick is too famous and absolutely everyone wants him to succeed, so both of these guys are probably pretty safe.

they are only running this year so they dont get fined for not going to all the races,and just trying to save money for next years cars .there is no reason to be crashing cars when they know that the only way for them to move up,is from cars dropping out. fast or slow they are still last.

they are only running this year so they dont get fined for not going to all the races,and just trying to save money for next years cars .there is no reason to be crashing cars when they know that the only way for them to move up,is from cars dropping out. fast or slow they are still last.
You got rookies in impossibly uncompetitive sleds. Neither came here to run 19th and 20th every weekend with no chance of improving. They can roll over and accept their positions on the last row, or try to make something happen. Of course they are going to tear up a bunch of cars.

Still, it's all money, so I get Gunter's point.

Do I need to be able to comprehend what's been said here to enjoy today's race?
Haha, Its high tech analysis in a high tech sport. All good points.
But for me today , its just to see Mercedes vs Red Bull while they
have some unfinished business to settle.

Dare I say it looks dark over the track!

So Red Bull changed Max’s engine but he won’t take a penalty?

Welp what happened yesterday is now worthless. It’s actually raining so intermediates will go on.

Back
Top Bottom