2022 106th Indianapolis 500 Race Thread

Won’t mind any one of these guys winning
EC1AE345-834C-4D9D-97DD-09F7D25BAB93.jpeg

Glad for a good clean start.

This is essentially the only genuine 500 mile oval race left. Meaning that it is not run in segments, and only stops or slows when it must. That increases the intensity of everything that occurs.

I hope VeeKay or another driver is able to disrupt the CGR dance up front, because while it makes sense for strategy, it wears thin fast. Is an undercut strategy possible, or is it about stretching these early fuel runs as far as possible for everyone?

Glad for a good clean start.

This is essentially the only genuine 500 mile oval race left. Meaning that it is not run in segments, and only stops or slows when it must. That increases the intensity of everything that occurs.

I hope VeeKay or another driver is able to disrupt the CGR dance up front, because while it makes sense for strategy, it wears thin fast. Is an undercut strategy possible, or is it about stretching these early fuel runs as far as possible for everyone?
One approach is to use the first run is to get a benchmark, them maximize the rest, to spend as little time as possible fueling on the last stop, or even do one less stop.

Another is to go wide open and accept you may have to make an extra stop.

I have to say it’d be nice if we saw some of the stuff that is happening instead of having tunnel vision on CGR. Power was last shown on screen in 8th and now they mention that he’s dropped to 14th but didn’t show anything?

I have to say it’d be nice if we saw some of the stuff that is happening instead of having tunnel vision on CGR. Power was last shown on screen in 8th and now they mention that he’s dropped to 14th but didn’t show anything?
They showed Malukas passing him but it's possible NBC was under commercial at that point.

Newgarden has been slow to start. Honestly if I was betting on this race, I’d have placed my money on him. I think he’s gonna win it today.

Back
Top Bottom