2022 Monaco Grand Prix

I raced for thirty minutes at Monaco 5 years ago ..........on my sons game station.
Not once did I make it from the Nouvelle chicane to Rascasse with out wrecking.
This track is impossible and I dont see how the drivers do it. This track proves
you must be the best in the world to race on it.

I think Im starting on inters. Anywhere else I would stay on slicks.

Uh oh, heavy rain coming in a few minutes. (on the radio)

Delayed start?

1653829340274.gif

This will put huge pressure on Ferrari pit stops and when to take them.

If they’d started on time there wouldn’t be so much standing water built up already. Now it’s raining harder. Bozos.

Get going F1.... Green flag in Indy is 3.25 hours away....go head to head with that and prepare for a ****storm

Some of yall remember monsoon tires. They used to race in this.

Pushing into the Indy 500 window.

Does anyone know the specifics of why F1 hasn't been able to get a new contract signed with Monaco? Is it just money or is it something else.

Between last year's "race" at Spa, the race control disaster at the finale, and now Monaco getting delayed when they very well could've started and seem to be in no hurry to get going despite going into the Indy 500 window.... F1 is doing everything they can to piss off their fans. I'm with the commentators on this. Should've started and gotten a dozen laps in...should have the safety car out there doing laps keeping an eye on conditions and keeping standing water off the track...should have a sense of urgency to get going.

Does anyone know the specifics of why F1 hasn't been able to get a new contract signed with Monaco? Is it just money or is it something else.
F1 is holding out. They have leverage because there are more tracks wanting to host races than are allowed in a season, and those tracks usually have money. Monaco pays like half of what most tracks pay as a sanctioning fee, especially less compared to what the Middle East hosts give them. Monaco does the TV production for this race and F1 wants to regain control of that, and Monaco also reserves the rights to certain track advertisements/partnerships - they have a lot of visible TAG Heuer sponsorship but F1’s official partner is Rolex. So it’s mostly commercial stuff, but I think the series has wanted them to look into reproducing certain parts of the track to make it better for passing too.

F1 is holding out. They have leverage because there are more tracks wanting to host races than are allowed in a season, and those tracks usually have money. Monaco pays like half of what most tracks pay as a sanctioning fee, especially less compared to what the Middle East hosts give them. Monaco does the TV production for this race and F1 wants to regain control of that, and Monaco also reserves the rights to certain track advertisements/partnerships - they have a lot of visible TAG Heuer sponsorship but F1’s official partner is Rolex. So it’s mostly commercial stuff, but I think the series has wanted them to look into reproducing certain parts of the track to make it better for passing too.

I didn't know it was that involved. F1 without Monaco would be like NASCAR without Charlotte or Martinsville.

Start the 2 hour timer 5 minutes before rolling....on the ONE EVENT OF THE YEAR THAT THEY WILL PROBABLY TIME-OUT.

Sweet Jesus I hate beating the horse here but oh my word...

Back
Top Bottom