2023 F1 Canada Grand Prix

That was a crazy ending.

Mercedes kind of confirming their new car works?

If I read it correctly, Red Bulls were on mediums and everyone else was running softs. I expect Red Bull hasn't shown their hand yet.

All indications point to Red Bull having a tough weekend: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...p&cvid=82dc91f8b1e74639a7ca9608fa93b714&ei=28

Of course, we only had that one FP1 session, with mixed conditions, so maybe I am reading too much into this. It would be nice to see someone else win, so let's hope at least the others make it difficult for them. This is not an anti-Red Bull sentiment. It's a pro-competition sentiment. I just want to see a good fight.

No mixed conditions in Q3. The place is soaked, and times are all over the place. Hulk currently in 6th!

That Red Bull is so ridiculously OP.

The Hasses go so well in the wet. What a nice P2 for Nico. Alonso rounds out the top 3. Then Hamilton, Russell.

Checo is looking so but so bad. It's getting to a point where Helmut might just start lashing out.

Oh and of course lol Ferrari strategy. They're so out to lunch in the engineer and strategic department it's not even funny.

Is Sainz going to get a penalty for that ridiculous impeding at the end of Q1? Just stopped at the last corner to set up a lap while Yuki and Gasly were coming at speed behind.

Max is the best in game. Clear by over a second in wet conditions is mega. Hopefully it’s wet again tomorrow.

Is Sainz going to get a penalty for that ridiculous impeding at the end of Q1? Just stopped at the last corner to set up a lap while Yuki and Gasly were coming at speed behind.

Max is the best in game. Clear by over a second in wet conditions is mega. Hopefully it’s wet again tomorrow.

Sainz just got hit with one, yes.

Also Nico under investigation for going too fast under red flag conditions. Ouch

Yes, now it's confirmed. Nico 3 grid drop.

Sainz should have been given multiple. Did you see qualy? Between FP3 and qualifying he impeded like 4 drivers. He got off super light.
Seriously. Brundle was asking in each session why Sainz would just park himself in the middle of the road at the final chicane to start his last run. He completely screwed Gasly from advancing to Q2. I wouldn’t mind if he got moved to the very back.

It really sucks that F1 and IndyCar collide today. It would've been great if IndyCar started an hour earlier and F1 an hour later at 3pm like usual.

Figured I'd watch F1 today and IndyCar tomorrow since avoiding spoilers is much easier for IndyCar. Montreal is a great track that's challenging for drivers and cars alike. Let's Go!

I don't know if Verstappen was just cruising but Alonso being just 10 seconds behind despite having to lift and coast is pretty promising.

Stroll with a move on Bottas right on the line. Big atta boy to Albon for holding on to a fantastic 7th place on old tires.

The race played out kind of like most of us were expecting, though that margins were tighter than I was expecting. This was kind of a weird weekend with FP1 getting cancelled and, until today, the weather constantly changing. It had to be a set up nightmare. It's a credit to Aston they got their new package up to speed so quickly. There's probably plenty of speed to still be found.

Great to see Albon get driver of the day because he deserved it. That's another new package that will probably get better as they put more time on it.

This race was..meh.

90% of it was DRS train. The 3 DRS Zones might have hurt it in that aspect.

Nice podium though.

I admittedly barely paid attention to this one while Indy was going on despite having multiple screens. Can’t say much except Albon has had some excellent defensive drives with Williams in his ~1.5 seasons so far.

Back
Top Bottom