2023 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

Pato really screwed his weekend with the qualifying spin yesterday but he’s had a great comeback drive starting from the very back today. Just doesn’t seem like it’s been shown much on TV.

It’s not just how often Palou wins but how he does it, with such ease and dominance. I hate to see talent leave but several F1 teams would be making a mistake not to consider this guy. This is the best run of form for a driver in a unified IndyCar in many years.

If Palou doesn't majorly stumble down the stretch, the pressure to go "playoffs" will increase, especially from NBC.

Hard to overstate how much Palou's stakes have risen and Herta's have fallen in the past half year.

Palou is Indycar's version of Verstappen. Amazing. Except Indycar has a more even series with the cars they run. Again, he's pretty amazing.

If Palou doesn't majorly stumble down the stretch, the pressure to go "playoffs" will increase, especially from NBC.

Hard to overstate how much Palou's stakes have risen and Herta's have fallen in the past half year.
I hope they won't freak out just because a driver is having a dominant season in IndyCar for the first time in a million years.
I also hope that The Captain would be smart enough to resist calls to introduce "playoffs".

No way, they don’t run nearly enough races for that. 36 is a far different cry

Once Herta gets another win his program is going be like opening the floodgates, and same with Pato. Those two are just on a bad rol, but too good to stay there long. Palou is a but lucky he happens to be hot when those two aren't.

Right now Palou looks untouchable.

Once Herta gets another win his program is going be like opening the floodgates, and same with Pato. Those two are just on a bad rol, but too good to stay there long. Palou is a but lucky he happens to be hot when those two aren't.

Right now Palou looks untouchable.

CGR is untouchable. 1-2-4 in the standings right now

CGR is untouchable. 1-2-4 in the standings right now
With over 100 a points lead, Palou is probably uncatchable, especially if he continues to rack up big points when he can't win, but we need more guys to get in there and break that up a bit. Herta and Pato are in a bit of a slump, but they are not going to stay like that forever. There are also a lot of guys who could break through like Kirkwood and Malukus.

Sure, it's a little boring, but we are also seeing a level of greatness that is rare and special. Since Palou seems like such a decent guy who races clean, at least I'm glad it's him.

At least Grosjean didn't ruin lot of people's races. He didn't start a Grosjean-style pile up either, so maybe he's getting better.

With over 100 a points lead, Palou is probably uncatchable, especially if he continues to rack up big points when he can't win, but we need more guys to get in there and break that up a bit. Herta and Pato are in a bit of a slump, but they are not going to stay like that forever. There are also a lot of guys who could break through like Kirkwood and Malukus.

Sure, it's a little boring, but we are also seeing a level of greatness that is rare and special. Since Palou seems like such a decent guy who races clean, at least I'm glad it's him.

At least Grosjean didn't ruin lot of people's races. He didn't start a Grosjean-style pile up either, so maybe he's getting better.
Yesterday was a bit boring down the stretch compared to the usual at Mid Ohio but give the man credit.

If I was Herta I would switch to the Palou ride next year.
Chip could lose Ericcson next year too, so he probably talking to anyone with a firesuit. I don't expect he will bring RHR back, so maybe Felix could return or we get a surprise like we had with Zanardi.

Chip could lose Ericcson next year too, so he probably talking to anyone with a firesuit. I don't expect he will bring RHR back, so maybe Felix could return or we get a surprise like we had with Zanardi.
Wouldn't that be something, first it was Messi to Miami, maybe Hamilton to Ganassi ???, hey you never know.

If I was Herta I would switch to the Palou ride next year.
Herta’s contract with Gainbridge and Andretti is the biggest in the series so if he even wanted to do that it would probably be a legal nightmare.

Just watched this one. Alex is having a season to remember, I’ve said it since it was signed…it’s a mistake for him to leave CGR. What a run he’s on

Back
Top Bottom