2024 Belgian Grand Prix

No rain in the forecast so tomorrow is gonna be a different game. With how strong he's been here I still wouldn't count Max out.
All that downforce won't be as advantageous as it was today, but he was strong in the dry too.
Perez qualified 2nd. I'm baffled right now.
Sergio had to do something to ward off all the speculation he's going to be replaced. He has to show Red Bull he's pulling out of his slump and this was a good start.

It’s too late for Checo. He’s unreliable and has proven he will continue to fall into his lull of bad races every year.

Red Bull is said to have a type of shoutout between Lawson and Ricciardo on who gets that seat, should Checo be replace. Which he will.

The question is if mid season or at end of year.

It may prove to be too little too late for Perez, but it was genuinely nice to see that performance out of him today.

Hugely dominant effort from Max in intermediate conditions today, and that is why he’s still the best in the game. I think the McLarens starting closer to the middle of the top 10 should allow him to make it a real race tomorrow.

It may prove to be too little too late for Perez, but it was genuinely nice to see that performance out of him today.

Hugely dominant effort from Max in intermediate conditions today, and that is why he’s still the best in the game. I think the McLarens starting closer to the middle of the top 10 should allow him to make it a real race tomorrow.
Perez should have been on pole, tbh to make a point.

Leclerc pulled out a great lap for the top spot.

If so, where does he go? There's almost nothing available now. I'de hate to see him get rotated out.
Hugely dominant effort from Max in intermediate conditions today, and that is why he’s still the best in the game.
So hugely dominant it's going to take 2 or 3 DNFs to make a title race out of it.
I think the McLarens starting closer to the middle of the top 10 should allow him to make it a real race tomorrow.
We're getting exactly what we want today with Max having to fight for it, and of all places, at Spa.

Great racing and great to see the different strategies playing out.

Not the race Sergio needed.

Max had a quiet race with no drama and showed magnificent damage control. Championship drive.

Sad to see Lewis lose out on a strategy call, but Mercedes has to be happy with a 1, 2.

Best race of the season so far. It gets better every race and we're only at halfway through!

I thought it was an excellent race.
Passing is important, but I don't think it alone is the most important thing for a good race. There needs to be a challenge and some type of setup involved in my opinion. There was at least enough going on to prevent a Monaco-type parade.

The tire strategies were great to watch, and Russell did a great job of taking advantage of the opportunities. Hamilton drove a great race too, especially early on when he took control of the race. On most days, his effort would have won the race. I think most of the drivers on the top four teams drove a good race and got everything they could get (with the exception of Perez).

George about to get DQed.

Underweight car.

I was surprised that Sainz didn't try a one stop strategy. His first stint was great and I thought that was the plan until they did the second stop.

LOL, that is one way to get great tire wear.

m7a10nht7afd1.jpeg

Seems like a lot to be off by.

Wow. Hamilton a two time winner this season.

(Piastri is actually second, Leclerc third.)

I wish Russell had been legal, it would have been a great story. I think he has incredible potential and building some more race-craft confidence would be a great thing for him imo. I also think that he was the innocent party and the team just screwed up.

But the rules are the rules and they can't be ignored. Hamilton drove a great race and all things considered deserved the win.

Tough break for George and it’s certainly out of his control, but rules are rules. Everyone would shed 1.5 kg if they could. It’s probably not even worth a tenth per lap and a marginal tire life advantage, but an advantage nonetheless. Lewis drove a flawless race himself and deserves the win.

Not a very well-managed race by Red Bull, imo, and Perez was a net negative today. But Max did a great long stint on mediums to finish, and with Lando’s choke at the start he still came away with a plus day in the championship.

Piastri is starting to come into his own and is going to be a factor for a long time. Excellent race from him.

I thought it was an excellent race.
Passing is important, but I don't think it alone is the most important thing for a good race. There needs to be a challenge and some type of setup involved in my opinion. There was at least enough going on to prevent a Monaco-type parade.

The tire strategies were great to watch, and Russell did a great job of taking advantage of the opportunities. Hamilton drove a great race too, especially early on when he took control of the race. On most days, his effort would have won the race. I think most of the drivers on the top four teams drove a good race and got everything they could get (with the exception of Perez).
I’d rather watch a race where the DRS is underpowered than overpowered, when you can just blow past a guy with no issue. The fact there were so many different strategies, drivers, and teams in contention held my interest throughout. And while passing was challenging, it was still doable.

I wish Russell had been legal, it would have been a great story. I think he has incredible potential and building some more race-craft confidence would be a great thing for him imo. I also think that he was the innocent party and the team just screwed up.

But the rules are the rules and they can't be ignored. Hamilton drove a great race and all things considered deserved the win.

One thing that’s worrisome for Mercedes is that they keep making these technical mistakes which should be routine as far as taking care of.

That’s two disqualifications in less than two years for Mercedes. At least when Hamilton got his DQed it wasn’t for the win which obviously hurts less.

Max was in stealth mode today. No real battles, nothing fancy just pounded around almost unnoticed and before you know it he's increased his points lead, followed by moving up to fourth after Russel's DQ. When he's not beating your brains out with speed he's killing you with consistency.

Something worth noting is that Max wasn't going all mental on the radio. I'm guessing Marko had a chat with him after last week.

Anybody know who got driver of the race?

Back
Top Bottom