2024 Chinese Grand Prix

First non 1-2 finish of the season!
Lando really deserved that driver of the day award. Ferrari nowhere near where they were during the first four races.
Aston ****** up on strategy but that car wasn't fast enough for a podium anyway.

Great performance by Lando Norris, well deserved driver of the race.

Good to see Zhou Guanyu getting to make some late race passes in front of the crowd in his home land.

We know how good Lando is, but Piastri was supposed to be next, and so far he just hasn’t been. Norris blows him away in race pace.

Some of these other dudes, in a just world, would be updating their LinkedIn right now. The same guys keep making the same mistakes and get to keep hanging around in perpetuity. I’m ready for a major grid refresh next year or two.

No one else managed to hit anyone else, yet Stroll comes barreling down like a ton of bricks destroying Riccardo's race.

Lance is too long in the tooth. His project needs to end.

Oscar Piastri I think also sustained damaged from this that wasn’t shown or talked about.

Oscar puts it plainly. There were other cars going at same speeds that did their jobs and didn’t crash into anyone. This is a corner my guy, so yes, people will utilize their brakes entering said corner.

Lance rarely pays attention to his surroundings.

No one else managed to hit anyone else, yet Stroll comes barreling down like a ton of bricks destroying Riccardo's race.

Lance is too long in the tooth. His project needs to end.
When I first saw the incident I thought everyone was running incredibly close together and they just checked up. Lance had more space ahead of him than i initially thought he had.

Stroll Sr. said he wants to win the world championship with his team. He needs to realize his son isn't the man for that.
Oscar Piastri I think also sustained damaged from this that wasn’t shown or talked about.

Oscar puts it plainly. There were other cars going at same speeds that did their jobs and didn’t crash into anyone. This is a corner my guy, so yes, people will utilize their brakes entering said corner.

It was mentioned during the broadcast that Piastri had floor damage.

I cannot believe after all these years that there are people who think that just by being mean online, they can get Lance Stroll to stop being in F1. I don't even believe the whole "Lance is ready to step aside" chatter from last year at this point. What evidence has actually come forth for that in the last 6 months? Instead it looks like they want to double down and hire Adrian Newey. Reminds me of asking one guy with a history in drag racing who he thought the best driver was and he just said they all stunk and Kenny Bernstein built the Batmobile in 1987 because he couldn't keep a more typical funny car going straight on account of him sucking so bad.

Stroll was looking at the apex of the corner and missed what was happening in front of him. Then he tried to pass off blame to Ricciardo. There is neither a sense of awareness nor accountability with him.

Stroll was looking at the apex of the corner and missed what was happening in front of him. Then he tried to pass off blame to Ricciardo. There is neither a sense of awareness nor accountability with him.
If you watch Lance's in-car, it looks like Ricciardo just stopped. These first lap things are sometimes unavoidable, and that is probably why the stewards let it slide. Generally, I am sure about whom to blame for what, but this one I see both sides and consider it one of those first lap accidents.

When I was racing karts, we had a guy flip right in the middle of the hairpin. It was right after the star, so we were all bunched up in a tight pack.
You couldn't run over him, so you had to stop. One guy hit my rear wheel and flew all the way over top of me, scratching the top of my helmet. A couple of other guys flipped in the melee too. So, I've been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment and while it wasn't fun, it was just one of those things you get into and it goes wrong.

I was disappointed Danny didn't talk it out behind the scenes with Stroll instead of blasting him in the media. I don't like it when accident animosity gets carried over to the next race.

I'm all for a massive shakeup through the field, tbh.
Well, I believe 17 contracts are up for bid fin 2025. There's going to be some shake up, but it might not be who we want.

With guys like Lawson, Bearman and Kimi on the market, the guys who aren't performing need to be worried.

If you watch Lance's in-car, it looks like Ricciardo just stopped. These first lap things are sometimes unavoidable, and that is probably why the stewards let it slide. Generally, I am sure about whom to blame for what, but this one I see both sides and consider it one of those first lap accidents.

When I was racing karts, we had a guy flip right in the middle of the hairpin. It was right after the star, so we were all bunched up in a tight pack.
You couldn't run over him, so you had to stop. One guy hit my rear wheel and flew all the way over top of me, scratching the top of my helmet. A couple of other guys flipped in the melee too. So, I've been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment and while it wasn't fun, it was just one of those things you get into and it goes wrong.

I was disappointed Danny didn't talk it out behind the scenes with Stroll instead of blasting him in the media. I don't like it when accident animosity gets carried over to the next race.

What are you talking about? The incident happened mid race. And Stroll got a 10 second penalty for it. The blame and fault is Stroll’s.

What are you talking about? The incident happened mid race. And Stroll got a 10 second penalty for it. The blame and fault is Stroll’s.
Looks like you're right. There was so much racing this weekend it's kinda of a big jumble,

Back
Top Bottom