2024 Honda Indy Toronto

I watch on Peacock every week, but for most of the potential audience, this feels like a "If a tree falls in the forest / If an IndyCar race airs only on Peacock" situation.

It's not a bad race once they got past the inevitable opening wreckage. Is Herta finally not cursed?

Palou has cut a lot of his deficit just by keeping his nose clean and letting the problems happen in front of him.

Hopefully we'll get a feisty restart but not cautious breeding cautions.

Ferrucci says nothing came in from the spotters and no yellow.. "It all happened so fast", but it kinda didn't. Slow reaction time from race control for sure. This is the downside of the practice of intentionally delaying caution calls until all of the strategy implications are thought through.

Andretti kept it together for once and Penske disintegrated. Good for Herta to finally get the monkey off his back.

Palou did little but let everyone in front of him step on it. Smart approach though.

About damn time Herta got another win. He was absolutely dominant this weekend; first time in series history a driver ever led every single session they said, right? Speed has never been his issue, it’s just not burning his tires off and trying not to do too much.

Team Penske debrief will be spirited, I imagine. Will pretty much took Scottie out of championship contention and damaged his own chances quite a bit as well. Outside of maybe three weekends this year, Newgarden has looked like an absolute shell of himself. I wonder if he’s still reeling from the all the vitriol directed at him in the wake of the P2P scandal.

Pretty bummed that Pato pretty similarly screwed himself with that spin, but at least he’s okay after those wicked hits he took. A big WTF as to how half the field plowed in there at speed almost ten seconds after he first spun. Blind corner, sure, but no excuse to react so slowly to a stalled car there.

Pretty good race overall. For an event with lot of heritage and history on the IndyCar calendar, it sucks that it hasn’t been on proper TV since 2019 and I’m glad the next contract will rectify that.

Apparently it's come out since that the spotters did not have a view of that corner. Talk about a blind corner. Seems suboptimal.

Just watched it. Herta and Andretti dominate, Ganassi plays second fiddle, Penske literally can't get out of its own way, IndayCar needs to examine why the O'Ward caution took so long to come out..

Back
Top Bottom