2024 XPEL Grand Prix at Road America

My goodness…Newgarden with a massive hit at the Kink in the Fast Six after everyone had gone to slicks for the final run on a drying track. Tubbed chassis for sure.

Dropped the left sides on the wet curbing. Really fortunate that RA installed SAFER on the outside of that corner.

First career pole for CGR’s Linus Lundqvist after setting the quick time just before the red flag.

First time I've actually felt bad for Herta this year, because that was not at all his doing. I'm glad he's apparently able to continue and hope he's able to drive through the pack.

Every week these guys take the green and drive like it's a GWC in a million to win all or nothing exhibition event.

Not really sure where Herta falls in pit strategy now but he’s the fastest car on track even with older primaries. Could salvage a good finish if he keeps his head.

This’ll be interesting. Scottie really didn’t need to be brought out behind Lundqvist.

I feel like Diffey is calmer today. Not sure whether it's deliberate or if he just couldn't get as many shots of espresso as usual, but I like him better this way. Also nice to see Georgia Henneberry on the main broadcast. NBC has a glut of qualified pit reporters, but she should have a bright future in the industry.

Herta up to 10th after the last stint. By far the best car in clean air. Really tough couple of breaks early.

The strategy up front is starting to heat up. Scottie had been really good on blacks and probably needs to stay within a couple seconds of JoNew here to have a chance to catch him on the final run.

I feel like Diffey is calmer today. Not sure whether it's deliberate or if he just couldn't get as many shots of espresso as usual, but I like him better this way. Also nice to see Georgia Henneberry on the main broadcast. NBC has a glut of qualified pit reporters, but she should have a bright future in the industry.
I agree, but man I wish he would get drivers names right. He has confused me a few times today by calling drivers by the wrong name

I can't fathom why they waited another lap to pit Newgarden, but he and the crew came through with a much better stop apparently.

Back
Top Bottom