$221 MILLION

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updated 12:43 PM ET January 1, 2004

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Wishes for a prosperous New Year came true for two lottery players from Pennsylvania and South Carolina who will share a $221.5 million jackpot from the New Year's Eve Powerball lottery, organizers said on Thursday.

Neither of the lucky ticket holders had stepped forward yet to claim the seventh-largest U.S. lottery prize ever.

The winning numbers were 5, 7, 18, 28, and 35. The Powerball was 1.

The winners will have the enviable choice of receiving the money in 30 installments over 29 years, or taking a lump sum of $60.1 million each, according to the Multi-State Lottery Association that runs the Powerball drawing.

In addition to the jackpot winners, some 2.5 million other players shared a total of $17.4 million in cash prizes from the drawing.

Wish I had won. I would rent a big building here in UC. And paid everyone on th RF board way to UC. So we could all meet each other in person. But I didn't so we will have to settle for talking to each other on here. :lol:

man all I ask for is enough to pay off creditors and buy a new house and car and I would be satisfied, hell I can't even win my dollar back, actually $3 cause I always buy my numbers by 3

Back
Top Bottom