3 injured at Volusia

I know sprint cars can fly when they get airborne, I remember when Kahne flipped out of Williams Grove he was about 30 feet in the air, so did that happen or is the fence really that low?

That was the second time this week a sprint car jumped the fence down there. Joey Saldana jumped it early this week. He was at least halfway down the backstretch. This one happened just coming off turn 2. Either way, people are crazy for standing anywhere near an outside fence when sprint cars are on the track. I don't see sprint car races that often, but have still managed to see 2 of them jump the outside wall/fence.

Some really idiotic comment at the end of the original link. A total disrespect for the injured and racers involved.

Hopefully all can and will recover.

Two serious over the fence accidents in a week. That is a wake up call for tracks with chain-link catch fences everywhere.

Some really idiotic comment at the end of the original link. A total disrespect for the injured and racers involved.

Hopefully all can and will recover.

News article comments sections on most sites are absolute cesspools. It makes the worst posts you'll ever find here look like beacons of light and intelligence.

As horrible as serious driver injuries and deaths are, spectator injuries and deaths are even worse for the sport. I love sprint car racing, but I hate this aspect of it.

Back
Top Bottom