50's THREAD

C

cutiepie24

ok.......for all you that remember the 50's.........lets post everything we can remember or that was dear to our hearts.......
anything from songs, cars, clothes, tv show, movies, prices of food, gas..anything that pretained to the 50's

have fun..............:)

here is my start..................a real classic.........57 chevy

OOOOOOOOOOO QT, my fave car, after the original T-bird!

Stamps were only .05, same for bread....Milk delivered in glass bottles with cream at the top....Granny's crank phone and big old black, cast iron stove, and coal delivered, her "icebox" with ice delivered, the rag man and his horse, her Victrola".... Elvis... my first stitches..."I LIKE IKE"... getting my driver's liscense... drive in movies...first kiss...Ed Sullivan, Uncle Miltie and Mickey Mouse Club....and sooooo much more including Alaska's smile in HS:)

Originally posted by AngelPoet8
sharp car...

Krystle

yes they were..I was a little kid when they came out.........

but I had a best girlfriend in high school that had a 57 chevy and every guy was very envious..............her and I used to go crusin down Ft Lauderdale beach every weekend..and we thought we were hot stuff in that car...........boy the fun days.........:D

Was thinking about this the other day when I got a Coke for $1.25.5 Cent Colas . Gee what else is a fond memory of the 50's

cutiepie, love the car. My friend's brother buys old cars and restores them. He has an edsel that drives like a charm. And a 57 chevy.

I wasn't around in the 50's but I love the I Love Lucy shows.

Wasn't around then but love to watch the Honeymooners. That show is very funny! :) Love to see poddle skirts and saddle shoes. Mom used to tell me all kinds of things, like pink kitchens, cowboy themes for the little boys bedrooms and I love the music from that era. Times seem simpler then! Just glad I don't remember the 70's!

Didn't Davy Crockett with Fess Parker come out in the 50's? My dad said he was into that when He was a kid.

My dads 58 vette.............

My moms 57 t-bird............

they had to get rid of them cause of us kids.....

Back
Top Bottom