1986 Gary Balough
1987 Butch Miller
1988 Ted Musgrave
1989 Rick Crawford
1990 Rich Bickle
1991 Rich Bickle
1992 Gary St. Amant
1993 Bobby Gill
1994 Tammy Jo Kirk (First female driver ever to win the Snowball Derby)
1995 Jeff Purvis
1996 Rich Bickle
1997 Bobby Gill
1998 Rich Bickle
1999 Rich Bickle
2000 Gary St. Amant
2001 Wayne Anderson
2002 Ricky Turner
2003 Charlie Bradberry
2004 Steve Wallace
2005 Eddie Mercer
2006 Johnny Brazier
2007 Augie Grill
2008 Augie Grill
2009 Kyle Busch
2010 Johanna Long
2011 Chase Elliott (Youngest winner in Snowball Derby history)
2012 Erik Jones
2013 Erik Jones
2014 John Hunter Nemechek
2015 Chase Elliott
2016 Christian Eckes
2017 Kyle Busch
2018 Noah Gragson
2019 Travis Braden
2020 Ty Majeski
2021 Chandler Smith
2022 Derek Thorn

So all Saturday races got rained out, the SnowFlake 100 and the Derby last chance race so these geniuses decide that they will will run the last chance race for the snowball on sunday then run the derby after that at 3pm BUT the snowflake will be run on monday. So all of these teams will have added expenses to spend another night when they have plenty of time to run that race before or after the Derby. Super poor planning, they should be ashamed. They are costing teams thousands of dollars needlessly. smh

ESPN+ has a lot of obscure sports and small time things (like obscure college conferences playing lacrosse). I wish ESPN+ would carry local short track racing and events like this because it would make it so much easier to watch.
But Racing America ( Bob Dillner) get exclusive rights and a $75 PPV

Any ideas how to watch or listen to the snowball other than the paywall?
Wonder if a local radio station has a live audio stream ?
All tapped out on subscriptions.

Any ideas how to watch or listen to the snowball other than the paywall?
Wonder if a local radio station has a live audio stream ?
All tapped out on subscriptions.
Probably not the most desirable answer but following various lap by lap reports or a posted leaderboard or scoring is the way I have followed the race in the past.

I guess I am cheap but I have avoided paying for streaming up to the point. Maybe I will one day....

Probably not the most desirable answer but following various lap by lap reports or a posted leaderboard or scoring is the way I have followed the race in the past.

I guess I am cheap but I have avoided paying for streaming up to the point. Maybe I will one day....
Thanks. Yeah the only motorsporting events I have ever paid for
is the chillibowl and the dirt national championships at Bristol.

there is a lot of stuff from the race on you tube. even some live.

Oh damn, didnt know that? Where did he go? Flo?
Probably some degree of wealth - the Race Team Alliance (RTA, yes, the Bob Kauffman thing) bought it and run Racing America. I know he does some announcing on the side but I'm sure selling the rights to the platform probably did OK for him.

guess what two guys that wrecked to most cars?
I dont put Noah in the "he wrecked" the most cars category. It was a simple missed shift, not wrecking people on purpose. One thing I did with my driver on the starts and restarts was preach to him "give yourself some room"
Probably some degree of wealth - the Race Team Alliance (RTA, yes, the Bob Kauffman thing) bought it and run Racing America. I know he does some announcing on the side but I'm sure selling the rights to the platform probably did OK for him.
No wonder its overpriced

Sorta bugs me that the Snowball Derby isn’t on Flo but it is what it is huh lol. Gotta try to GROW things sometimes.

I dont put Noah in the "he wrecked" the most cars category. It was a simple missed shift, not wrecking people on purpose. One thing I did with my driver on the starts and restarts was preach to him "give yourself some room"

No wonder its overpriced
What is your take on Nasse/Pollard?

I don't think Nasse had room. I mean in a legal sense he did but there was no way to make that work without forcing a wreck.

Note: posting after having only seen a short video clip of the incident.

What is your take on Nasse/Pollard?

I don't think Nasse had room. I mean in a legal sense he did but there was no way to make that work without forcing a wreck.

Note: posting after having only seen a short video clip of the incident.
Bubba moved Nasse up a little coming out of 4 and opened the door going in to 1, Bubba had position and Nasse just came down and Bubba didn't drag it to stay off of him. So in my eyes both are responsible, 1 because Bubba pissed Nasse off by moving him up and then Nasse for just slamming the door with a car clearly inside.

These two are veteran drivers but they also have a history yet they continue to do this crap time after time and end up with the same result and mad at each other. What's it gonna take for them to learn? Its almost comical at this point. If Nasse would have stayed up going in to 1 Bubba would have gotten along side and they would have continued racing, they still had 10 to go but no they go overboard and overreact and Ty Majeski says thank you very much. Keep doing what you do, keep getting what you get. jmo

Bubba moved Nasse up a little coming out of 4 and opened the door going in to 1, Bubba had position and Nasse just came down and Bubba didn't drag it to stay off of him. So in my eyes both are responsible, 1 because Bubba pissed Nasse off by moving him up and then Nasse for just slamming the door with a car clearly inside.

These two are veteran drivers but they also have a history yet they continue to do this crap time after time and end up with the same result and mad at each other. What's it gonna take for them to learn? Its almost comical at this point. If Nasse would have stayed up going in to 1 Bubba would have gotten along side and they would have continued racing, they still had 10 to go but no they go overboard and overreact and Ty Majeski says thank you very much. Keep doing what you do, keep getting what you get. jmo
Thanks for the context. In many cases you can see them setting up the wreck for several laps.

Back
Top Bottom