6.9er in Mexicali

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I was just sitting here at the computer and it was a nice little roller. At first I thought I was dizzy but then I spotted my blinds moving back and forth. I wonder how Mexicali is doing...

6.9 Quake Based Near Mexicali Shakes Up SoCal
The U.S. Geological Survey says the 6.9 magnitude quake struck Sunday at 3:40 p.m. in Baja California, Mexico, about 19 miles southeast of Mexicali, at an area that has been hit by magnitude 3.0 quakes all week.

A strong earthquake south of the U.S.-Mexico border shook high-rises in downtown Los Angeles and San Diego and was felt across Southern California and Arizona.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the 6.9 magnitude quake struck in Baja California, about 19 miles southeast of Mexicali, at an area that has been hit by magnitude 3.0 quakes all week.

The earthquake rattled buildings on the west side of Los Angeles and in the San Fernando Valley, interrupting Easter dinners. Chandeliers swayed and wine jiggled in glasses.

Los Angeles fire department officials have gone on earthquake status, and are inspecting buildings and overpasses for damage. Elevators are stuck in some buildings in Los Angeles, according to fire department radio dispatches.

Tremors were felt as far away as Phoenix.

There were no initial reports of damage in the San Diego area.

Upgraded to 7.2

Awaiting word from my Grandpa in Temecula/Murrietta.

They are currently trying to determine the exact fault line.
Preliminary reports have the Dems claiming it was GWB's fault...

What will hit Southern California faster: the aftershocks or the flood of whackjobs claiming this disaster is God's punishment for supporting Obama and gay marriage?

Back
Top Bottom